Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had some questions about the stock fuel system on a s197. At what point do I need to have a bigger pump or injectors? In my sig are the mods im still waiting for but I am also think about putting the steeda charge motion plates on and the under drives. Im trying to build this car all motor so I am open to any advice.

Ps im also looking into gears and im in the air about 3.90's and 4.10s.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
The stock fuel system will support 400bhp. Beyond that, you may need to step up in injector size to a 39lb injector.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats great to hear looks like im ordering the charge motion plates and under drives tonight. Thanks

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
but i dont see why the stock injectors wont be good until 350-360rwhp

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
ask STL he is the NA guy here

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Stock injectors are actually only rated to about 307 bhp at 37 PSI with a duty cycle of .8. They can support more but the fuel pump has to work a little harder.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I did not order them yet but I did get a pillar pod from speed of sound. Did the double pod with the raptor claw as they call it. I think im going to research the fuel system and get new pump, injectors, and a regulator before I put on the plates.

As far as the tune for the plates, Where can I go for that.

Also thanks for all the help guys.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Stock injectors are actually only rated to about 307 bhp at 37 PSI with a duty cycle of .8. They can support more but the fuel pump has to work a little harder.
So the real question is, at what point does the taxing on the fuel pump make it necessary to change the injectors?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
HP= lbs. per hr. x 2.04. This conversion is at 100% efficiency. Usually you want to be at about a 90% duty cycle. Another factor is your A/F ratio. With a richer mixture, the injectors need to be capable of suppling more fuel.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Well I did not order them yet but I did get a pillar pod from speed of sound. Did the double pod with the raptor claw as they call it. I think im going to research the fuel system and get new pump, injectors, and a regulator before I put on the plates.

You're not going to see any benefit from upgrading the fuel system at this point. You may end up having more tuning problems than it's worth.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts

Your tuner will need to shut that off in the tune. I don't think the Predator has a user-selectable option for CMCV-off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was thinking about the earlier with the diablo sport tuner. But I went to there site and downloaded there software and from there I can make tunes. Are far as turning it off I dont know yet. I dont have it yet. But if it doesent well 320 dollars not well spent.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
I was thinking about the earlier with the diablo sport tuner. But I went to there site and downloaded there software and from there I can make tunes. Are far as turning it off I dont know yet. I dont have it yet. But if it doesent well 320 dollars not well spent.
So you purchased the diablo tuning software?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No I guess what I got right now is the datalogging software. But I went to there site and the do make custom tunes. So tomorrow I am going to be calling the to see if I can tune it with the charge motion plates and if not im am going to be returning and anf getting the sct programmer and getting the tunes from brenspeed.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
No I guess what I got right now is the datalogging software. But I went to there site and the do make custom tunes. So tomorrow I am going to be calling the to see if I can tune it with the charge motion plates and if not im am going to be returning and anf getting the sct programmer and getting the tunes from brenspeed.
If you haven't already spend the $$ on the TB spacer, save your money.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.