Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting to think it was a mistake to get an automatic i am 18 so when i bought the car i didnt know how to drive stick still dont but would like to try because heard it easy and a lot more fun. Also when people ask about my car like family they always go is it stick? I reply no and you can hear the disapointment in their voice. I am insanely attached to my stang and dont see myself getting a new one because when i got it it was a great deal $21,345 and was in brand new condition only had 4000 miles on it had black leather white racing stripe gunmetal bullits hoping to post pic soon unfortuately i made the mistake of wiping snow off car before putting in garage and scratched the hood bad through stripe and everything but im getting it fixed soon so im excited. I was just wondering to swap out for manual what would be total cost to pay a shop to do it. I really dont see myself trading in my baby it is part of and pretty much my life lol.:hihi:

·
Registered
184 Posts
As much as I love driving mannys, and have since 1979, and won't buy an automatic, don't consider swapping. Just invest in a CAI and tune and the car will feel different. Spend the money on personalizing the vehicle. Get the stick on your next car, the Toyota prius as we all pay $5-$6 per gallon.........ouch

·
Registered
635 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have done a ton of research on doing a tranny swap.
Here is a breakdown on what it would cost you if you buy each used part seperatley.
Flywheel $75
T5 manual transmission. Slave cylinder $816
Pressure plate , Clutch disk $300
Rubber shift boot
Hydraulic hose for the clutch
Leather shift boot. $50
Dual pedal assembly
Shifter and shift ball $350
PCM $140
Engine wiring harness $250
Spacer plate $60
Startermotor $50
Driveshaft $70

Est. $2300

Or you can buy all the used parts as a set from AMP performance for 4,000 dollars:headscratch:. They wont sell parts seperately, only as a set, but they will also buy your entire automatic transmission for 1k, no matter how many miles it has on it, so they can sell it to somebody else as an conversion kit for 4,000 dollars. Smells a little fishy to me. Anyways, if you do the work yourself, go for it. It would be a ton to pay a shop for labor.
PM me if you have any questions.
Shaun

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for input im just thinking im missing out but i cant let my baby go and for the cash that maddog says im almost halfway to supercharger not like i need t already but someday maybe:weeps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.