Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I USE MY CAR FOR DRAG RACING AND DRIFTING
So, it goes through alot of abuse. This is my secong time replacing the stock diff. I have the option to get
1. T-2 Torsen Diff M-4204-T31
2. AuburnPro Limited M-4204-P31
3. TRaction-lok limited slip diff M-4204-F318C

I don't know which one to get, I guess I'm looking for the one that will last me a long time.
Please help me out !
and, do you know which Diff cover will clear my aftermarket panhard bar?

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
I run the Auburn Pro and it's been trouble-free. As for covers, the LPW Racing low profile cover will fit fine.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I run the Auburn Pro and it's been trouble-free. As for covers, the LPW Racing low profile cover will fit fine.
Hey what do you know about this one: Eaton Posi Limited Slip 8.8in 31 Spline Differential

I have been considering it, and even though I SHOULD NOT spend the money, I will be doing my gear and cover in the next couple weeks. Makes more sense to do an ounce of prevention.

EATON does pay contingency in NMRA for using it.

+1 on the LPW cover. Mine came yesterday. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Just thought I'd throw this out there. Have you looked into the Carbon Fiber clutch plates for the stock diff?

I used a rebuild kit on my stock diff until I changed it over to the one I have now. Worked great and had no problems. The only reason I changed it out was because I got the new one in trade for some other parts. Still waitted 3 months before doing it. Had to change gears so decided why not.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Just thought I'd throw this out there. Have you looked into the Carbon Fiber clutch plates for the stock diff?

I used a rebuild kit on my stock diff until I changed it over to the one I have now. Worked great and had no problems. The only reason I changed it out was because I got the new one in trade for some other parts. Still waitted 3 months before doing it. Had to change gears so decided why not.
Got a good source for the carbon fiber packs?

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I can get one this afternoon for you. Got to stop by the shop and I'll ask Richard how much they were. I believe we got them from Tommy Vaughn here in Houston.

I'll PM you the info on them later. If I forget just remind me.....getting old these days! LOL

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Hey what do you know about this one: Eaton Posi Limited Slip 8.8in 31 Spline Differential

I have been considering it, and even though I SHOULD NOT spend the money, I will be doing my gear and cover in the next couple weeks. Makes more sense to do an ounce of prevention.

EATON does pay contingency in NMRA for using it.

+1 on the LPW cover. Mine came yesterday. :bigthumbsup
That's a good differential. Anything that doesn't use clutch packs is an improvement in my book.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.