Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen lots of Terminators with 315s in the rear, however it doesnt seem like any of the S197s can accomodate those widths...is there a technical reason in the rear why we can't have wheels that big? Or is it just because there are no wheels larger than 10 inches in the rear for S197s?

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure who you were asking but the ones I linked are HRE wheels. All forged aluminum and very pricey.

HRE Performance Wheels – Photo Gallery

More pics of the same ride and various others from the HRE web site.
Do they have a price on their website, or is it one of those, "email us and we'll tell you a quote" type stuff?

I guess either way, it'll be beyond what I'd want to pay for wheels, that is if it's more expensive than AM.com

B
0 Posts
Do they have a price on their website, or is it one of those, "email us and we'll tell you a quote" type stuff?

I guess either way, it'll be beyond what I'd want to pay for wheels, that is if it's more expensive than AM.com

Off the top of my head I think they were running in the neighborhood of $1,400 per wheel. I didn't see prices on their website so I had to check some of their vendors. You will definitely be able to reach higher top speeds with quality forged aluminum wheels as opposed to the Chinese gravity castings that have flooded the market. I have a set of the gravity cast Shelbys that caused problems for me even with a road force balance.

·
Registered
440 Posts
take a look at my photo gallery if you want to see what it looks like. I'm running 265x20 front 9 1/2" wide and 315x20 rear 10 1/2" wide.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Off the top of my head I think they were running in the neighborhood of $1,400 per wheel. I didn't see prices on their website so I had to check some of their vendors. You will definitely be able to reach higher top speeds with quality forged aluminum wheels as opposed to the Chinese gravity castings that have flooded the market. I have a set of the gravity cast Shelbys that caused problems for me even with a road force balance.
I'm having some trouble affording 1400 for 4 wheels plus tires after the whipple install...lol.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Used to have 315s on the rear with 10.5 deep dish. Still got the rims somewhere (car is not streeted anymore). Very old pics.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Used to have 315s on the rear with 10.5 deep dish. Still got the rims somewhere (car is not streeted anymore). Very old pics.
Where'd ya get 10.5 inch DD Bullits?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.