Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, just joined the forum. I came across the forum in search of some escape from my tragic story that I am about to share with you all today. If you would bare with me.
I just bought a used 2016 ecboost on Thursday April 25th some 2 hours away from where I live in Southern California. I was so excited and couldn't believe I finally had my dream car. I was Abe to drive it off the lot and bring her home. I didn't even get to enjoy her to the fullest since I had that stupid myKey activated and didn't know until almost arriving home. I called the dealer up and they said to come on down the next day to get it taken care of. I went to bed a bit early since I was going to go down there fairly early in the morning and get it all taken care of. I live in an apartment complex in some town homes. That night I decided to park it in front of my house instead of in the car port because I thought It was safer! Well around 12:30 were woken up from a loud bang. I ran to the window and could see a car driving away. I run down stairs and in disbelief see my brand new ride halfway on the sidewalk outside my place. I walk around towards the back and the back was ripped off and both back quarter panels smashed in.
Anyways 13,000 worth of damage, have to pay a 2500 dollar deductible and no word on who did it. Yay for me. turnaround time 1 month. Should be ready by the end of May. I didn't even get a chance to take good pics before the crash. had some family over. anyways here you guys go.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. Nice Mustang.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man. Yea it hurts. I hope the repair is done quickly but well crafted. By any chance do you know how much the car devalues after a crash like that? :frown:

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Thanks man. Yea it hurts. I hope the repair is done quickly but well crafted. By any chance do you know how much the car devalues after a crash like that? :frown:
Sorry, don't have that much information.

·
Registered
10,564 Posts
First and foremost, welcome to AFM!!

I'm sorry that this happened to you. Rest assured though that the karma train runs hard and it never misses a stop.

I'm not sure how much it would be deprecated, but you may be alright in the long run seeing as how it appears to be mostly cosmetic damage and wouldn't need to be reported as "major damage". I'm not an expert though so that's just my opinion. Keep us posted on any progress.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Ouch. My sympathy.

Reminds me of this... Back in the early 90's my son had a 1981 280ZX 2+2. One night it was stolen from our driveway. Two nights later it was recovered undamaged except for the screwdrivered ignition switch and taken to the police impound lot. We headed across town to the lot to pick up the car the next morning only to find out when we got there that it had again been stolen off the impound lot just before dawn. About a week later the car was again recovered, and this time the perp was still in it. He was a tow service driver and had the keys to the police lot. He was the same one that stole it the first time. The guy had left a medium sized set of Craftsman ratchet & socket tools in the car. I still have most of the sockets.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh thats right. It would show up. as major damage probably. Yikes. Well I guess Ill just have to keep it in the family :laugh2:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ouch. My sympathy.

Reminds me of this... Back in the early 90's my son had a 1981 280ZX 2+2. One night it was stolen from our driveway. Two nights later it was recovered undamaged except for the screwdrivered ignition switch and taken to the police impound lot. We headed across town to the lot to pick up the car the next morning only to find out when we got there that it had again been stolen off the impound lot just before dawn. About a week later the car was again recovered, and this time the perp was still in it. He was a tow service driver and had the keys to the police lot. He was the same one that stole it the first time. The guy had left a medium sized set of Craftsman ratchet & socket tools in the car. I still have most of the sockets.
Thanks man. Wow that is a pretty wild story. Did the guy go to jail? LoL. I mean ****. can't even trust the tow truck guys. weird times we live in, weird times.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ouch!!, that hurts. Decent amount of damage for other car to leave no traces.
Any paint left, might at least be able to get color and manufacturer?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ouch!!, that hurts. Decent amount of damage for other car to leave no traces.
Any paint left, might at least be able to get color and manufacturer?
Thanks. Yea you know we thought that too. but nope its almost like if they were able to wipe it off. my luck huh. Went around yesterday looking for cameras but none are pointing to the scene of the accident for my luck.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Thanks man. Wow that is a pretty wild story. Did the guy go to jail? LoL. I mean ****. can't even trust the tow truck guys. weird times we live in, weird times.
Well, it happened near Washington D. C. so go figure... LOL They never gave us any more follow up info, so no clue if he did time. I have to guess yes because apparently he was part of a large ring.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Thanks. Yea you know we thought that too. but nope its almost like if they were able to wipe it off. my luck huh. Went around yesterday looking for cameras but none are pointing to the scene of the accident for my luck.
The LEO's might go to that sort of forensics lengths if somebody had gotten hurt or killed in the crash but nope, a few grand ain't really gonna move it to a front burner. Unfortunately they have a lot to deal with these days.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The LEO's might go to that sort of forensics lengths if somebody had gotten hurt or killed in the crash but nope, a few grand ain't really gonna move it to a front burner. Unfortunately they have a lot to deal with these days.
Yea, thats what I told the wife. Might as well just pay the deductible and move on to bigger and better things.

·
Registered
10,564 Posts
Yea, thats what I told the wife. Might as well just pay the deductible and move on to bigger and better things.
That's going to be the best thing that you can do at this point.

Move on, put loads of miles and memories on your ride and leave God and karma to deal with the jacktard that hit it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Wow that's got to be infuriating. Can't believe your deductible is that much. Hope you have a good shop you trust to do the work and they catch the @hole that did the hit and run.
My 2016 Ecoboost got eaten by a Silverado driving into work the Friday morning before the American muscle car show which happen to be right after I just spent 3 Grand on new exhaust and wheels for her. When I say eaten I mean they totaled her and wouldn't let me pull parts off. At least I got to talk them into increasing the value of the payout to account for all the upgrades. Still lost some money but not as bad as it could have been if I had been the one at fault. So while not totally the same I feel your pain especially since I ended up going to the show in a red convertible rental parking in the VIP that I had bought tickets for..... The whole time wishing I had my vehicle there.... At least I found another mustang to rent and didn't have to show up in a Prius!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I don't know if California is a "Diminished Value" state. Look into it, and if it is, speak to your insurance company, or better yet a lawyer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's going to be the best thing that you can do at this point.

Move on, put loads of miles and memories on your ride and leave God and karma to deal with the jacktard that hit it.
Yea absolutely!!:grin:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't know if California is a "Diminished Value" state. Look into it, and if it is, speak to your insurance company, or better yet a lawyer.
You know we do have it here in Cali, spoke to the insurance though and it doesn't apply in this case. Good looking out though. :applause:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow that's got to be infuriating. Can't believe your deductible is that much. Hope you have a good shop you trust to do the work and they catch the @hole that did the hit and run.
My 2016 Ecoboost got eaten by a Silverado driving into work the Friday morning before the American muscle car show which happen to be right after I just spent 3 Grand on new exhaust and wheels for her. When I say eaten I mean they totaled her and wouldn't let me pull parts off. At least I got to talk them into increasing the value of the payout to account for all the upgrades. Still lost some money but not as bad as it could have been if I had been the one at fault. So while not totally the same I feel your pain especially since I ended up going to the show in a red convertible rental parking in the VIP that I had bought tickets for..... The whole time wishing I had my vehicle there.... At least I found another mustang to rent and didn't have to show up in a Prius!
Yea I know. I have Geico, looks like we will be looking elsewhere after this is all taken care of. In regards to your ride brother, that really sucks man. Yea I would have been really upset if I would have lost more money that the deductible. I really don't think we'll find who did it. Were looking at moving too. Owners here at the complex couldn't give a **** about what happens.

BTW how did you like the convertible? Im not a fan is there any differences than your coupe?

·
Registered
287 Posts
It was cool to have the convertible for the day... Had never driven one before and the weather was perfect for it. Would never own one personally though as I'm just not a fan of the look on the S550 body style. Just my preference though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts