Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read lots on this but wanted some opinions here. Supposidely my car was always changed with synthetic, according to the shady used car dealer. Of course I was never told when the last time it was done and there is no sticker so I assume the previous owner always did it himself. Its been almost 4000 miles since I got the car, and I have no time to do it myself, and I am not paying $80-$100 for jiffy lube to put synthetic in it for me. SO tommorrow I will probably just have jiffy lube put the cheapest stuff in possible. Is this big deal, and what viscosity should I go with? 10w-40? Its a 2000 Mustang GT with like 97k miles. I also dont plan on having it much longer since I am sick of the 5 speed so I am not worried about extended motor life like 80000 miles from now. I am looking for a Lincoln LS already and I just got the stang 8 weeks ago.

·
Registered
199 Posts
no its not that big of a deal. just when you get the money go ahead and put the synthetic back in it.or if your gonna sell it let the buyer know. its not gonna harm anything. go with 10 30. lower friction on conventional

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
not that big of deal, but if you go back, just switch and stay dont switch alot. go with one or the other you know?

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
If you were gonna keep the car I would tell you for sure not to go back to conventional oil from synthetic and not to have jiffy lube do it. But since you might be looking to sell it soon then why put the good stuff in right? Also I thought out cars called for 5W-20 in the owners manual?

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
it wont hurt going back to one, jsut dont switch alot.

ive never used syn in any thing. and the ram has 265K, regular oil changed every 2K miles :D

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Definitely use 5w20, don't mess around with trying different oil weights. Personally, I wouldn't let jiffy lube change the oil in my lawn mower even if I planned to sell it the next day, they do ****** work.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I was told to ALWAYS use 5w20 oil, nothing thicker due to it having tighter clearances or something along those lines.

P.S My best friend has a lincoln ls, its not a "bad" car but I wouldnt reccomend it to anyone unless you got deep pockets.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i am just sick of shifting and this car is too small for me. i was always driving police cars before.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.