Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my Saleen Series VI kit last week from Texas Hot Rods. I'm hoping to see it in a couple of weeks.

These guys are awesome to deal with, and have shops in El Paso and Houston, in case you need installation. They also do SCT tuning.

:drool:

·
Registered
271 Posts
What did ya pay for the setup, and are they going to be doing the installation?

Thanks!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Madhouse said:
I ordered my Saleen Series VI kit last week from Texas Hot Rods. I'm hoping to see it in a couple of weeks.

These guys are awesome to deal with, and have shops in El Paso and Houston, in case you need installation. They also do SCT tuning.

:drool:
Good Luck :drink: S/C'd Stang brother !
Any other Mods ??? :eyepoppin

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
loudog said:
What did ya pay for the setup, and are they going to be doing the installation?
I'm doing the install, with a few buddies. What I paid isn't typical, I got kind of an inside deal, but call Brian at THR and I bet he'll give you a very good price.

roboz said:
Good Luck :drink: S/C'd Stang brother !
Any other Mods ??? :eyepoppin
Right now I've got:

Magnaflow Axle-back
Bassani off/road x-pipe
C&L cold air kit
SCT X-Calibrator-2 w/ custom tune

This combo made 300 rwhp / 314 rwtq.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Be forwared, you should at least run #39 injectors, and a 90mm MAF with this setup. If not, you will go lean at 5500 - 6000 RPM. Also, the car really likes headers with this setup. Good luck, I hope you enjoy your new toy!!! If you got any questions PM me. I got new SCT tune coming for mine next week, along with custom JLT CAI. Should be in the 430's with that!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Chuckles, I've been following every post I can find on the Saleen charger. I'll have the injectors and MAF for sure. No headers, but who knows, I may add them. Right now I'm running the Bassani o/r X, but might put the CompCats on when I install the blower.

I'm also lucky enough to have my tuner local, he tunes while on the dyno so we get real-time results and data.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Your welcome!! :drink: Welcome to the Saleen club!! Woohoo!!!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Saleen Club?

If it's not built by Saleen...it's a very nice looking car that is only nice looking...it has no added value, except to it's present owner...but hey...that's what doing your thing means...it's YOUR thing...

A Saleen Mustang comes with each part serial numbered, so that when it has some collector value..the parts that are mentioned here are not tied to that mustang...and that's why it's not a Saleen.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well, if you want to split hairs, sure, you're correct. Anyway I did not mean for the term to be used exclusively. Sure there is no collector value in adding a Saleen S/C to a GT, but you get the perfomance benifits without the price tag. I would not want to drive a true Saleen as a daily because of the Collector fact. Maybe I should reword as "Saleen S/C'd club"???

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, Saleen-blown club then.

It's the only part of a Saleen's I would really care for ... the body kit, wheels, interior is all nice, but not worth what they charge.

That's my thing.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Madhouse said:
OK, Saleen-blown club then.

It's the only part of a Saleen's I would really care for ... the body kit, wheels, interior is all nice, but not worth what they charge.

That's my thing.
Ditto :drink:

PS. Maybe the brakes and suspension. I really like the "Sleeper" concept. It's much more fun on the street. You can go about your business without people drooling and touching your car.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I have friends that bought a non-s/c saleen, car number in the 50s. I am fairly unimpressed. Why pay 45k for that? Course, they only drive it once a week or so. What a pity to have a "racecar" sitting in your driveway....:rolleyes:

I drive my GT every day. You can tell by the bugs on the bumper and the sh**-eatin' grin on my face!

I agree, I'll buy the s/c later and they can keep the ugly body kit, ugly wheels, and ugly interior. Not my style...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Madhouse said:
Right now I'm running the Bassani o/r X, but might put the CompCats on when I install the blower.
I'm also lucky enough to have my tuner local, he tunes while on the dyno so we get real-time results and data.
Yo madhouse , how's the set-up coming along ??
I haven't checked on my wheels since I dropped them off cause of the shoulder but figured both cars should be getting close.

BTW- unlike RJ ..I think the saleen S/C will add value to the car...first off they are Hard to find...& they are killer designed....secondly most actual saleens I see aren't S/C..Personally, not a huge fan of their current body kit , don't see any value in that whatsoever , but to each his own.

When your hood is up next to a serial # normally aspirated Saleen then tell me which will get more attention, let alone when you're runnin up on one :winks

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for checking back roboz - unfortunately I don't have my kit yet. I'm really hoping for it to arrive in the next 10 days. I'll be racing the car in Ennis, TX this coming weekend, True Street class at FFW. The following weekend would be a great time for me to do the install.

Let me know how yours ends up working out !!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts