Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

I am a huge fan of the 99-04 Saleen rims. I think they are classy and tight. I currently have stock 17" rims on my car and I am looking to put 18" Saleen rims on it.

My questions:

1) How much of my comfort am I compromising by going up a size in rims? (Which I would naturally get lower profile tires to even it out)

2) I am all about mustang. I have loved them since I was a kid, thanks to my father. If I put Saleen rims on my 2011, would that in be disrespectful or lame?

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,264 Posts
moving to the 2011+ talk forum.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Hey everyone.

I am a huge fan of the 99-04 Saleen rims. I think they are classy and tight. I currently have stock 17" rims on my car and I am looking to put 18" Saleen rims on it.

My questions:

1) How much of my comfort am I compromising by going up a size in rims? (Which I would naturally get lower profile tires to even it out)

2) I am all about mustang. I have loved them since I was a kid, thanks to my father. If I put Saleen rims on my 2011, would that in be disrespectful or lame?
Not looking at much degradation of ride quality going from 17's to 18's so long as you keep the same outside tire diameter.

Disrespectful or lame? It's your car, if those are the wheels you like then "Get 'er Done"!

To that end, I have the perfect set of tires for your 18" wheels, will sell them CHEAP!!!

Brand new, never mounted, Continental Extreme Contact DW, 275/45/18 size, perfect for some 18x9 wheels and they are the same outside diameter as the oem 17" tires so your speedometer won't be off.

I bought them for my '12 V6 but traded the car in before I got a chance to put them on.

Will take $400 for them plus shipping.

I'm close to Houston, TX.

See that you are in Belton, might be able to meet you somewhere between here and there if you want them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts