Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everybody

I've just installed a Saleen Series IV Supercharger on my 2004 Mustang GT convertible.

The install process went very well, but even after a few tuning attempts, the car is running very rough. My tuner thinks it's something outside of tuning.

The supercharger is a Lysholm 1.6 litre.

2.9" pulley.......almost 10 lbs boost.

Injectors are Ford 42lb.

90mm MAF

70mm Accufab throttle body

75mm pipe from MAF to throttle body.

NGK V-Groove spark plugs gapped to 0.35

EGR has been deleted and turned off in the tune.

Car pulls very well and smooth while in boost.

Other than that it idles and runs very rough as if missing.

Can't find a vacuum leak.

I should add that the car was running perfectly prior to the install.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback on this as the car is currently no fun to drive and want to get it back on the road ASAP.

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
i just had he same problem i changed my ignition coils on my 00 gt it idles smooth and doesnt studder when i take off now

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Change to copper Autolite plugs, check coils, and check all vaccum hoses.
If it is rough with no boost that doesnt mean it is ok WITH boost, extra power can mask symptoms.

Reading the plugs might tell you what is wrong, see if the shop has a lambda sensor, check fuel ratio and exhaust temps. Also chekc MAF voltage.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
If it is rough with no boost that doesnt mean it is ok WITH boost, extra power can mask symptoms.

Reading the plugs might tell you what is wrong, see if the shop has a lambda sensor, check fuel ratio and exhaust temps. Also chekc MAF voltage.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts

T

·
0 Posts
Just a couple of questions for those that know...

1. What HP is the stock 2004 Fuel pump rated for??

2.Wondering If upgrading the Fuel pump to a higher flow unit would have any benefit?

If the stumbling is noted at Idle and smooth at Boost would a upgraded fuel pump cure the poor lower rpm problems?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts