Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
not a gearhead.... but if your looking for max performance for your dollar.... that kits not it.... but if you want 'that sound', style and a decent power gain from an SC... then this kit is for you.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm happy with mine. I have no dyno #s, but hopefully I'll have a timeslip soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not a gearhead.... but if your looking for max performance for your dollar.... that kits not it.... but if you want 'that sound', style and a decent power gain from an SC... then this kit is for you.
Which supercharger(s) would be the best bang (aka HP/output) for my buck?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
In my opinion the best bang for your buck is a nonintercooled Vortech. I have seen 2 places that sell them for under $4000. The Saleen is a good reliable blower Other kits may make more horsepower but it deos not really matter as most tuners will tell you that 450 rear wheel horsepower is all that the stock bottom end of the engine can take. Any of the kits offered will get you to 450rwhp. So when I bought my blower I didnt really care which one made the most power as I have a stock bottom.
ALOT of people have superchargers on these cars. ALOT fewer have superchargers and a built bottom end.
My plans call for adding a forged shortblock, ported heads, supercharger specific cams and 13#s of boost from my Saleen blower. I dont see why this combo wont run 10's easily with suspension and wheels+ tires.

Oringinal Poster. I feel the Vortech is a great bang for the buck. You can always add an intercooler at a later time when finances are better.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
In my opinion the best bang for your buck is a nonintercooled Vortech. I have seen 2 places that sell them for under $4000. The Saleen is a good reliable blower Other kits may make more horsepower but it deos not really matter as most tuners will tell you that 450 rear wheel horsepower is all that the stock bottom end of the engine can take. Any of the kits offered will get you to 450rwhp. So when I bought my blower I didnt really care which one made the most power as I have a stock bottom.
ALOT of people have superchargers on these cars. ALOT fewer have superchargers and a built bottom end.
My plans call for adding a forged shortblock, ported heads, supercharger specific cams and 13#s of boost from my Saleen blower. I dont see why this combo wont run 10's easily with suspension and wheels+ tires.

Oringinal Poster. I feel the Vortech is a great bang for the buck. You can always add an intercooler at a later time when finances are better.
yup i agree fully with jaja.... the vortech non-intercooled is the best bang for your buck imo..... you can get the vortech v3 for $3800 fully ready to go with spark plugs, injectors, some kind of fuel addition (usually a boos a pump), tuner with tune, etc..... all this add about 150RWHP on a conservatie tune and about 7psi.... for most people that is about 420 at the wheels on these cars.... and you maybe got another 50rwhp before your gunna need a new engine, clutch, etc..

im personally going to do the vortech v3 then add the intercooler if i feel the need after.... unless i get rich... then the edelbrock is so sexy and the twin screws really hit the power hard when you press the gas peddle down.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yup i agree fully with jaja.... the vortech non-intercooled is the best bang for your buck imo..... you can get the vortech v3 for $3800 fully ready to go with spark plugs, injectors, some kind of fuel addition (usually a boos a pump), tuner with tune, etc..... all this add about 150RWHP on a conservatie tune and about 7psi.... for most people that is about 420 at the wheels on these cars.... and you maybe got another 50rwhp before your gunna need a new engine, clutch, etc..

im personally going to do the vortech v3 then add the intercooler if i feel the need after.... unless i get rich... then the edelbrock is so sexy and the twin screws really hit the power hard when you press the gas peddle down.
That's definitely an option later on with the Vortech being a good product. Also agree with you on the Edelbrock SC, it is sexy. The Whipple SC isn't a bad piece of machinery either.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was curious myself about the sss. The v3 non-IC will limit how far you can go, and if you want to get the IC later, then you will have to dish out install costs again. one thing I wanted to know about the saleen super shaker is how much the filter is capable of flowing compared to a stage 3 or 4 brenspeed... I'm not talking about boost, but the flow of the filter itself.
I was hyped up about the v3 from brenspeed, but seeing how hard performance is hit on my car already by heat soak, my opinion is that the exterior facing sss should provide the coolest air and most consistant power output. I have assumed alot, so if someone has real world experience please feel free to correct me.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
The Supershaker is gonna give you the coolest intake charge. But a Kenne bell also has a air inlet setup out of the engine bay. I would of gotten a Kenne Bell but belt throwing issues scared me off. I was also gonna get Brenspeed to give me the Supershaker but at the time they were out of stock. So I might just add the super shaker myself.(Body Shop cut hole in hood and me install the remaining components. The nonintercooled Vortech scares me too. But a couple members here have it and love it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
The Supershaker is gonna give you the coolest intake charge. But a Kenne bell also has a air inlet setup out of the engine bay. I would of gotten a Kenne Bell but belt throwing issues scared me off. I was also gonna get Brenspeed to give me the Supershaker but at the time they were out of stock. So I might just add the super shaker myself.(Body Shop cut hole in hood and me install the remaining components. The nonintercooled Vortech scares me too. But a couple members here have it and love it.
If you've ever used a jig saw, you can cut the hood yourself. As long as you take your time it is easy. Intimidating, but easy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you've ever used a jig saw, you can cut the hood yourself. As long as you take your time it is easy. Intimidating, but easy.
Intimidating, I can agree with that. My neighbor cut out his own hood for a Ram Air kit he had for his '84 Trans Am, so I may go to him should I ever get this thing or any other shaker type system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.