Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
a bit off topic, but... where do you puchase the Saleen unit from? Straight from Saleen or through an authorized distributor?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Madhouse said:
Wow!:shocked: That install looks scary! I bought my '05 from a Saleen dealer (New Century Ford, San Gabriel, CA) and they put one in for me before delivery. I'm glad I had them do it! I'm a novice when it comes to stuff like that. Here's some pics of mine. I'm really enjoying it!:strut I'm sure you will, too! Thanks for the play by play pics!

BTW, can you still use your cold air intake? Will it be an improvement over the "stock" Saleen set up? As you can see, mine has the stock air tube/filter. Someone told me that would be restrictive. Please advise.

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
roboz said:
Are you going w/the stock pulley ?
Nope, I got a 3.8 from chuckles. I'll be overspinning right from the get-go! :eyepoppin

nonsensez9 said:
a bit off topic, but... where do you puchase the Saleen unit from? Straight from Saleen or through an authorized distributor?
I ordered mine through Texas Hot Rods, but I think you can get them from Ford dealers as well but will probably cost you more.

my05toy said:
BTW, can you still use your cold air intake? Will it be an improvement over the "stock" Saleen set up? As you can see, mine has the stock air tube/filter. Someone told me that would be restrictive. Please advise.
Well, I can, but I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do, because I was planning on going up to a 90mm MAF, so I might go back to the stock inlet tube. I think I'll cross that bridge later this week when I get back to the project.

·
Registered
622 Posts
again a bit off-topic... where does saleen get it's twin screw compressor from? Only three companies make the twin screw compressor that I know of, Lysholm, Eaton, and Autorotor. Whipple uses Lysholm while Kenne Bell uses Autorotor... and I believe (not certain) that both Lysholm and Autorotor get their main components from the same source, adding on their own technology at assembly.

G

·
I thought Saleen made their design in house. After all they can manufacture the S7. If they did sub out the actual screws, I would be surprised but not shocked.

·
Registered
622 Posts
R3dF1r3 said:
I thought Saleen made their design in house. After all they can manufacture the S7. If they did sub out the actual screws, I would be surprised but not shocked.
Saleen might make their own, I'd be very surprised if they did. They might make the intercooler, fuel delivery, and stuff like that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Check Engine light - Aftermarket tuner?

Madhouse said:
bump for today's update

:eyepoppin
Hey Madhouse,

Great job on your install! Looks very clean! How's it run? Any numbers yet?

I've got a problem with mine that I thought you might be able to help with. My CEL just came on. I have the Saleen Powerflash tune, which they did at the dealer, right after the install. Like I said before, I've been considering adding a CAI, which would probably mess up the tune anyway. If I do that, can I get an aftermarket tuner like a Diabosport or SCT, etc.? If not, then I'll have to take it back to the dealer to have them retune it or whatever it takes to get rid of the CEL activation. What did you do for a tune? Please advise. Thanks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks, it runs great! The numbers from last week were 388 rwhp / 381 rwtq, but that was with the stock MAF pegged. I'm getting a MAFia this week to extend the range of the MAF and we'll hit the dyno again.

It's hard to tell what might be causing your CEL since you got the Saleen reflash. I had mine tuned on a dyno with SCT tuning - I use my X-Calibrator2 to pull SES codes on mine.

You can absolutely have it tuned using Diablo or SCT, I would recommend SCT.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Problem gone?

Madhouse said:
Thanks, it runs great! The numbers from last week were 388 rwhp / 381 rwtq, but that was with the stock MAF pegged. I'm getting a MAFia this week to extend the range of the MAF and we'll hit the dyno again.

It's hard to tell what might be causing your CEL since you got the Saleen reflash. I had mine tuned on a dyno with SCT tuning - I use my X-Calibrator2 to pull SES codes on mine.

You can absolutely have it tuned using Diablo or SCT, I would recommend SCT.
Well, I was going to take the car in to check the CEL but it went away on its own! Go figure!:shrug

Thanks for your info. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to get a CAI and an SCT tune. I took it to a performance dyno shop this week and, as is, it pulled 377 rwhp/392 rwt! :eyepoppin This is with the stock Saleen pulley, which puts out 5 lbs. of boost. I'm dying to take this car to a track!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
my05toy said:
I took it to a performance dyno shop this week and, as is, it pulled 377 rwhp/392 rwt! :eyepoppin This is with the stock Saleen pulley, which puts out 5 lbs. of boost.
Did they capture your air/fuel ratio while on the dyno? I've heard grumblings of the stock Saleen tune being a bit lean, just wondering how yours looked...

Awesome numbers, by the way!! :worship

·
Registered
64 Posts
Madhouse said:
Did they capture your air/fuel ratio while on the dyno? I've heard grumblings of the stock Saleen tune being a bit lean, just wondering how yours looked...

Awesome numbers, by the way!! :worship
Good numbers are those SAE? What kind of Dyno?

I have a C&L intake and Bassani Xpipe with Comp CATs.... When i ran the Saleen stock tune on the Dyno the A/F was about 14.1 which is way to lean for a blower.....I ended up getting it flash back to ford factory stock then having Adam from ST. MOTORSPORTS(stmotorsports.net)custom tune it with a Diablo Predator. We added 39# injectors and smaller pully....
Next is a Booster pump,smaller pulley,MAFia, and 3:73 gears..

Everyone has their own ideas of how to mod with this Saleen Blower, but the one thing that we all agree on is that thier tune SUCKS...:eyepoppin

·
Registered
64 Posts
my05toy said:
Well, I was going to take the car in to check the CEL but it went away on its own! Go figure!:shrug

Thanks for your info. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to get a CAI and an SCT tune. I took it to a performance dyno shop this week and, as is, it pulled 377 rwhp/392 rwt! :eyepoppin This is with the stock Saleen pulley, which puts out 5 lbs. of boost. I'm dying to take this car to a track!
You should Call Adam from ST Motorsports...He might be able to help you...He is located in San Bernadino...
Stmotorsports.net

1 - 20 of 24 Posts