Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in getting a hold of a saleen intake from an 89 Saleen. I was told that the only thing I need is that elbow for the tb. Can anyone tell me what else I would need? Will it be a direct bold on without any tuning w the 5.0.? Is it worth it? Can anyone help me with this. How much would a mechanic charge to put it in? I have a 95 GT. EFI 5.0 Automatic. What else is there to installing this intake?

·
Registered
398 Posts
myself, i wouldn't think it would be worth it, i would just look into getting a cobra intake...........if you do decide to make the swap, it will be pretty straight forward and all you will need is the elbow.....you can find them on the explorer's' that had the 5.0 in them.........

hotwheels of insanemustangs

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
It is not likley to clear your hood if it is stock - the 94-95 Cobra intake will. The Saleen is a truck lower with a Saleen upper - not exactly a stellar performer at ~ mid 180cfm flow, but if you like the way it looks........

·
Registered
237 Posts
They are great looking intakes. I believe vortech now makes them. I imagine a shop would charge around 300 labor plus they may require an oil change and coolant flush, another 100. That's just a guesstimate though. Also, those intakes are quite expensive. You really should consider a gt40/cobra or edelbrock performer. Do you have gears and other mods or is this your first?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.