Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my 2006 Mustang GT Premium Coupe. Asked the sales manager if the shaker 500 or 1000 was XM or Sirius ready. He didn't know. I know that Ford has a deal with Sirius but would like to know if the 06 shaker system will be compatible without using an FM modulator.

P.S.

I ordered the new Tungsten Grey Metallic. Should look really sharpe.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Zrullac said:
I just ordered my 2006 Mustang GT Premium Coupe. Asked the sales manager if the shaker 500 or 1000 was XM or Sirius ready. He didn't know. I know that Ford has a deal with Sirius but would like to know if the 06 shaker system will be compatible without using an FM modulator.

P.S.

You can't go Without FM modulation(wired/wireless). A company called PIE Manufacturer is in the process of making an AUX adapter for the Shaker. But right now, there is no way to do anything but Modulation. I'm getting Sirius, but not until I can do a clean setup with AUX. I want premium sound.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have XM through a Delphi Roady II and a FM Modulator on my work truck, an 02 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Plus. The truck came stock with the Infinity System. Before that I had a Yukon XL with nice system with the XM tuner built in. Truth be told the modulated system sounded twice as good as the other.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Zrullac said:

P.S.

If you truely like good audio, don't worry about getting the shaker 1000. It's a waste of money. The way it is set up in the 2005 if horrible. It is loud, but you have no control over the subs. It is overwheleming. I had to unplu one of the 2 subs in the trunk and turn the bass way down. Since the purchase of my 05 GT, if have replaced all 4 speaker with boston acoustics. I changed the head unit for an eclipse head unit. The sound difference if HUGE!. I also just got sirius sat installed today. It's night and day what I have now compared to the shaker 1000. I still plan to get rid of the 2 subs in the back an replace it with a single high quality (JL) 10 inch sub.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I agree with adv777. I ordered the cheapest radio available and then removed it. I purchased a new Panasonic head (70W x 4), replaced the factory speakers with some Kenwood 5x7/6x8 triaxials, and added a Scoshe subwoofer in the trunk along with a Rockford Fosgate sub amp. You can get aftermarket wiring harnesses that connect to the factory harness to tie the radio in and speaker adapters to connect the speakers without any splices. A DIN adapter mount replaces the stock radio, and the Panasonic head (and others) can connect to an XM radio that is controlled by the head unit so you don't have a second display for the satellite tuner. It sounds great, it doesn't have all the problems associated with the Shaker, and it costs less as well.

·
Registered
53 Posts
adv777 said:
If you truely like good audio, don't worry about getting the shaker 1000. It's a waste of money. The way it is set up in the 2005 if horrible. It is loud, but you have no control over the subs. It is overwheleming. I had to unplu one of the 2 subs in the trunk and turn the bass way down. Since the purchase of my 05 GT, if have replaced all 4 speaker with boston acoustics. I changed the head unit for an eclipse head unit. The sound difference if HUGE!. I also just got sirius sat installed today. It's night and day what I have now compared to the shaker 1000. I still plan to get rid of the 2 subs in the back an replace it with a single high quality (JL) 10 inch sub.
Any pics of the install?

·
Registered
69 Posts
lineman88 said:
Any pics of the install?
Here is a pick of my stereo. I'm eventually going to get the center panel custom cut so as to eliminate the din space (useful but not appealing). Also, I ran my sirius antenna INSIDE my car. It works great. What I basically did, is I ran the cable up the left front panel (like where your left foot is next to). I snagged the wire in b/t the dash and the front windshield. The resting place of my sat antenna is right in the middle of the windshiled. You can barely see it. It's tons better than having it sitting on the roof.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts