Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking for pics of rims on satin silver gt's, or v6's. can't decide on the finish i want, black, chrome, or satin.

please help, bc i really want some new tires (fatties) so i need new rims and there are sooooooooooooooo many choices. anyone got the 05 steeda ones in satin.

·
Registered
559 Posts
05GTSILVER said:
i was looking for pics of rims on satin silver gt's, or v6's. can't decide on the finish i want, black, chrome, or satin.

please help, bc i really want some new tires (fatties) so i need new rims and there are sooooooooooooooo many choices. anyone got the 05 steeda ones in satin.
Chrome Anyone???

D :tongue :rolleyes: :laughlitt :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Got Chrome deep dish bullits going on next week with [email protected] tires, With a silver stang, I think chrome loks great!!!! If I had any other colr car, Iwould have to reconsider:) I post pics when its all done. For now, some eye candy!:)

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW, well since i opted for the factory bright machined rims, i definetly do not want bullits. anyone got anything else besides bullits on a satin silver stang

thanks

·
Registered
559 Posts
05GTSILVER said:
WOW, well since i opted for the factory bright machined rims, i definetly do not want bullits. anyone got anything else besides bullits on a satin silver stang

thanks
THE ANSWER IS NO!!!

No one uses any other wheel on their Silver Satin 2005 GT but Bullits...

D :sterb:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do me a favor and go get your window's tinted, then your car might start looking decent

·
Registered
886 Posts
Hmmm..all mysterious hatin' aside.... I've been waiting for a deep lip, 18", anthracite colored version of the gt500 cobra rims. I like the grey, but I need a bigger lip, and those GT500 wheels are too tuff. Meantime, I'll be happy with my bullitts.

·
Registered
559 Posts
05GTSILVER said:
do me a favor and go get your window's tinted, then your car might start looking decent
Thanks for the advice 05GTSilver...

But if tint is all it takes to make my car look decent, then I am "home free"... I'll do it!!! And then, you will have to admit that my car looks decent... (Ha-Ha)

Now -- knock it off and "GET SOME WHEELS"... (Only kidding, good buddy)

D :eyebulge: :eyebulge: :eyebulge: :eyebulge:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Here's a pic of my silver 05 with 19" chrome

05GTSILVER said:

·
Registered
622 Posts
kd05gt said:
Chrome + FAT: Nitto NT-450 275/50 17's all around.
kd05GT:

How long have you been using the Nittos? How have they treated you compared to the stock Pzeros, in particular in rain? 17x9 rims, right? What is the offset? Thanks!

·
Registered
314 Posts
nonsensez9 said:
kd05GT:

How long have you been using the Nittos? How have they treated you compared to the stock Pzeros, in particular in rain? 17x9 rims, right? What is the offset? Thanks!
I do not drive it in the rain.
17x9 wheels
45mm offset
1160 miles on the car, about 600 on the Nitto's.
275/50/17

·
Registered
74 Posts
psfracer,
what brand and style of wheels and size of tires are those on your Stang? They look understated, but very nice. I'm a fan of the less is more club.
Preach

·
Registered
487 Posts
Preacher said:
psfracer,
what brand and style of wheels and size of tires are those on your Stang? They look understated, but very nice. I'm a fan of the less is more club.
Preach
They are 2003 18X9 inch cobra wheels. Go on Ebay, you can find a ton of them. I like the color of the wheels because its the same as the car. It has that conservative, factory look. People come up to me and ask if its a cobra. I only wish :tongue If my car was blue, or red, I probably would go with a polished set.

Anyway, the tires are 255/45/18's. The offset is 24mm, which makes the tires just inside the fenderwell. HOWEVER, if you plan on going with some 285/40/18's on the back, you WILL need a rim with 45mm offset. I unfortunately did not have a choice, because I bought the car this way.

After I put in the 4.10's and the TCI 3000rpm converter, I may have to sell them to get a rim with the right offset so I can run a larger rear tire. Maybe I will try some Nitto 555's first.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts