Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the auction in columbus today, and I dropped everything I was doing to see what an 05 GT premium 5spd with 4500 miles would bring. The car was red with the white stripes down the middle of the car. SHARP

STOP PAYING OVER STICKER FOR THESE THINGS!!! This car brought 25500 at wholesale.

Just an FYI guys. 05 GTs are starting to trickle onto used lots, and the 06 GTs will NOT bring the money the 05s did.

Later,
Jason

·
Registered
604 Posts
Soooooooooooooo what did it go for???

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
jasons99gt said:
Just an FYI guys. 05 GTs are starting to trickle onto used lots, and the 06 GTs will NOT bring the money the 05s did.

Later,
Jason
You know this because.....

·
Registered
260 Posts
jasons99gt said:
05 GTs are starting to trickle onto used lots, and the 06 GTs will NOT bring the money the 05s did.
That's not news at all. They've been on used lots for some time. Selling at or ABOVE MSRP as well.
I know because that's how I was able to test drive an 05 Mustang GT before ordering. A used car dealer down the road from the Ford dealer had a base Redfire GT Standard-Trans Coupe with very few options (GT Deluxe maybe, leather interior and Shaker 500 but no IUP, ICAP, side bags, wheel locks or anything else) and was asking $33K for it. They went down to $31K pretty fast but that was still quite a bit more than MSRP on my better-optioned GT which topped at 27K and change. And of course they acted all confused and everything when I whipped out the base pricing and all option costs from the top of my head. They clearly bought this one at MSRP or maybe a shade above very early on, looking to get a little taste of the frenzy. Solly, Chawlie!

Good part was, they were really looking hard for any sucker that would fall for it, so when I walked onto the lot looking like a dazed simpleton - which is pretty normal look for me - they practically threw the keys at me for a test drive! Ooo! Ooo!

So....like bax asked, what'd this one auction off for finally? Do you mean it finally sold at 25,500 as a 'wholesale' (dealer) price or whut?

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Stoopy said:
That's not news at all. They've been on used lots for some time. Selling at or ABOVE MSRP as well.
I know because that's how I was able to test drive an 05 Mustang GT before ordering. A used car dealer down the road from the Ford dealer had a base Redfire GT Standard-Trans Coupe with very few options (GT Deluxe maybe, leather interior and Shaker 500 but no IUP, ICAP, side bags, wheel locks or anything else) and was asking $33K for it. They went down to $31K pretty fast but that was still quite a bit more than MSRP on my better-optioned GT which topped at 27K and change. And of course they acted all confused and everything when I whipped out the base pricing and all option costs from the top of my head. They clearly bought this one at MSRP or maybe a shade above very early on, looking to get a little taste of the frenzy. Solly, Chawlie!

Good part was, they were really looking hard for any sucker that would fall for it, so when I walked onto the lot looking like a dazed simpleton - which is pretty normal look for me - they practically threw the keys at me for a test drive! Ooo! Ooo!

So....like bax asked, what'd this one auction off for finally? Do you mean it finally sold at 25,500 as a 'wholesale' (dealer) price or whut?
I guess the point I was trying to make was what makes anyone think the 05's would be worth more than the 06's? sure it is the first year of a major change but other than that they look excactly the same, except for a few options, besides there have been plenty of cars that have had major changes and the value was not better. I remember I bought a 79 mustang which was a major body change, it did not make it worth any more than an 80.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Your post was so short I didn't read in any point to it but either way, NO dispute from me on that one. As long as they make these cars in the same quantity, with the same quality, at or near the same price, I don't think it matters much at all if it's an '06 or an '05. Pretty much the same hot car at the great price and folks want 'em. They'll likely stay in short supply and demand premium prices for quite a spell.
My only point was that '05's on used lots is nuthin' new.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Heys guys, I posted this info about a month ago. Research my posts. I have a good friend that is a car dealer. He showed me the Manheim auction prices on their internet site and the average price was between $23,000 and $25,000 for a used 05 GT Mustang. Is this a surprize?? Folks, these are Ford Mustangs....... What would make you think they are going to hold their value like a Porsche?? :shrug

Hell, even the Porsche's lose a good bit of value the first year............

Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts