Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At my chevy dealership their is a black camaro and it looks awesome man got to say looked like batmans car definately they are growing on me.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Perhaps that's because your not really old enough to remember the car they are trying to emulate. That's not a bust on your age by any means.

Maybe it's simply that I have memories tied to the older cars. The new Camaro just doesn't bring back the memories like S197's or even the new Challengers do when I look at them .

Anyways, I find it looks good from the side. However, the front and rear are simply hideous to me.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
The first one I saw, I was like, daaaaaamn!! Now, I've seen like 20 on the road around here in Dallas (Challengers too) and I don't like them at all.

·
0 Posts
I think Ford and Dodge did a good job replicating the classic muscle car look with the Mustang and Challenger. Chevy on the other hand...FAIL.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I saw one driving around about 2 weeks ago. I think they look pretty good, but compared to the mustang and challenger they do not replicate the classic look. Those ss camaros throw down some serious numbers though. I definitely respect the car, but it would not be my first choice.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
yeah that car is gross looking and the interior is just :shocked:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm still up in the air. Sometimes I like the new look, sometimes it's hideous. Although I did just see (online) the new Hennessey HPE550. That is a sick looking machine!

·
Banned
269 Posts
I saw one yesterday and its a pretty looking car. Little bulky somewhat like the challenger but at least it has power backing the thing. I would have to say I like the look more then that of the 2010 Mustang. The new mustang looks like a younger brother to its predecessor.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I saw the camaro today, and I must say I am impressed. Its not as good of a replica as the mustang/challenger, but its a cool looking newer car. I think it will sell really well amongst the younger generations, and I must say, I would drive one.:bigthumbsup

·
0 Posts
At my chevy dealership their is a black camaro and it looks awesome man got to say looked like batmans car definately they are growing on me.
I passed a black camaro today in town. Doesn't look all that bad but I didn't get an upclose look. Its still not my cup of tea but I'm not hating it either.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Lookswise I like the Challenger better than the Camaro. With the Camaro GM is in no way, shape or form trying to bring back the old classic, the car looks like a new Cadillac.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
We're just sizing up our competitors, although the Camaro isn't much of a competitor, its like the retarted dog trying to keep up with a group of purebreeds.:im confused:
The best way to size up the competitors is on the track. That what we used to do in the beginning.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
I've been seeing a lot of camaro ads on the site lately. :) Maybe they are planning a forum change we are unaware of, kinda like a radio station format change. ;)
Maybe they'll change the name to AllAmericanCar forum.....:laugh:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i love old cars most but to expensive for one in good shap i think the new camaros are a cool concept.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Perhaps that's because your not really old enough to remember the car they are trying to emulate. That's not a bust on your age by any means.

Maybe it's simply that I have memories tied to the older cars. The new Camaro just doesn't bring back the memories like S197's or even the new Challengers do when I look at them .

Anyways, I find it looks good from the side. However, the front and rear are simply hideous to me.
Yeah Ford nailed it! Same with dodge for the Challenger, hell my mom saw the new challengers when they first came out and thought it was an old school one! That tells you it is darn similar. Chevy like you said- did not do a good job at all. I have to second that- the car is hideous.

I think Ford and Dodge did a good job replicating the classic muscle car look with the Mustang and Challenger. Chevy on the other hand...FAIL.
+1!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.