Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving my new Stang GT one day when I spot what looked like a new Shelby going into a parking lot, and since there are test cars driving around Los Angeles sometimes, I thought that I would give it a look. After a quick U-turn, I caught up behind him in the parking lot, turned off the radio to listen to the exhaust...wait a minute, single muffler! No throaty rumble.... Oh no!!!!! Another V6 wannabee!!!! I parked along side the chubby middle aged man, and felt like saying what the f#*%!!!! He had the ducktail spoiler, and even had glue on letters saying SHELBY on it!!!! He admired my car, I said thanks, and I played ignorant and said "is that the new Shelby?" "No, it's just a V6" he said, but he liked the look of the new Shelby. Oh well, I thought that the wannabe V6'ers who make their cars look like GT's were bad!!!!!! This reminds me of the craze sweeping middle eastern men here in LA where they would take a Fiero, and put on a Testerossa body kit on it..... Kind of a Fierorrari!!!!!!! Stop the madness!!!:confused:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Saw the same thing today. Ford dealer in Savannah has a Redfire V6 vert with gold stripes, a fake extra tailpipe, the ground effects, pretty damn sweet looking wheels, etc. Pretty good looking car, actually, to those lacking knowledge. The sticker shows it as "Shelby III package" or something like that, a dealer add-on, tacking on almost $6k to the price. Still a V6, but at the price of a GT.

·
Registered
90 Posts
oh ***** let the guy have his fun. who cares if it's really a V6? he likes the way the Shelbys look and wanted a car that looks like that.

nothing's more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hey, hey, hey.. don't knock on the v6's :mad: .. Although, even as a v6 driver myself I may have been a little irked as well. There is nothing wrong with the wheels, the kit or whatever look you want to put on it - I just hate when people put the badging on the car. I've seen V6's that were damn fast, and looked just like GT's, but never actually tried to be one, the ones I see I just laugh at. I am a V6 owner, and a damn proud one just like most other people, but NEVER would try to be a wannabe of either a GT, a Shelby, Rousch or Saleen.

Some people just have no sense.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Probably took it a bit to far with the "Shelby" lettering. Put what ever kit you want on but when you start rebadging you just enterd poser land.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
xxkazp3rxx said:
Hey, hey, hey.. don't knock on the v6's :mad: .. Although, even as a v6 driver myself I may have been a little irked as well. There is nothing wrong with the wheels, the kit or whatever look you want to put on it - I just hate when people put the badging on the car. I've seen V6's that were damn fast, and looked just like GT's, but never actually tried to be one, the ones I see I just laugh at. I am a V6 owner, and a damn proud one just like most other people, but NEVER would try to be a wannabe of either a GT, a Shelby, Rousch or Saleen.

Some people just have no sense.
well stated!!!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ages ago when I was single once, I had a really annoying, nauseating stuck-up snooty neighbor in an apartment next to me that had some dang thing like a Toyoter Celica or Nissan-something.......he took all the badges off it and installed BMW badges and markings, and BMW-like wheels. Was out in the parking lot every Saturday morning polishing it up.

It was a lotta fun to ask him how his (cough cough) "BMW" (cough cough) was running. Way worse than this econo-Shelby driver!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stoopy said:
Ages ago when I was single once, I had a really annoying, nauseating stuck-up snooty neighbor in an apartment next to me that had some dang thing like a Toyoter Celica or Nissan-something.......he took all the badges off it and installed BMW badges and markings, and BMW-like wheels. Was out in the parking lot every Saturday morning polishing it up.

It was a lotta fun to ask him how his (cough cough) "BMW" (cough cough) was running. Way worse than this econo-Shelby driver!
We call those NissMW's!!!:laughlitt

·
Registered
383 Posts
So your raggin em because he fixed his V6 the way he liked it?

He fixed it up to look like.....some what of a Shelby.....His car,He likes it,thats what counts.

and by the way......you did follow it:hihi: .
Must look pretty good:D

Try and be more friendly to your fellow Stangers.
V8,V6,verts.....dont be snobby.

·
Registered
626 Posts
that he did, haha. I have a Geo Metro that has a BMW symbol on the back. Its a "point A to point B" car. I find that funny.

But like I previously stated, and as another few have also. Body kits are ok, as long as you don't badge them as something they're not.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just got my Black GT. Traded in my lovely 05 V6. I had a chance to get the GT and went for it.
There is not a huge difference between the 2 cars. I owned the V6 and now own the GT. The V6 is very close. It does not have the GT rumble, but still has a great sound to it. Also the V6 is much faster than many people give it credit for. I truly love both cars.
The V6 is lighter in the front end and feels a little more nimble on the road. It was a BLAST to drive. The GT has more push you back in the seat power. Both cars have their up side. I do not regret getting the GT. I paid MSRP and feel in the long run it will keep its value better than the V6. But V6 owners are right there with V8 owners. Be happy with the one you have and be happy for anyone else who joined the Mustang club. We are all on the same team. Ford really hit a home run with both of these cars. I truly wish I could have kept both of them.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well, guys, ive got a torch red GT that I made into a "Shelby tribute car" with a little badging from all years, with white GT350 rocker stripes. The car looks tasteful, have got many compliments at car shows. Its a TRIBUTE car, Im not claiming its something its not. When anyone asks if its a real NEW shelby, i tell them the truth. Also I feel its MY car, Im having fun, and thats the bottom line!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
There is a difference between making your car look like another model, and re-badging it into making people think it's really a Shelby.

IF you wanna go ahead and put the ducktails and wheels on go ahead, but as soon as you label it a Shelby when it's not, you become a POOOSSSEERRRR!!!!:heha:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts