Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Mustang V6 Premium, 6-speed automatic, pony package, HID headlamps, security package, reverse sensor system, comfort package.

Black on black, just how Henry Ford intended! :cool:

I'm smiling ear to ear guys and gals... So I'll give you a few quick camera phone shots that I took the other night.

I couldn't be happier! :)

As far as plans go, I should be getting the windows tinted this weekend, I'll have the lower tape stripe removed tonight, and I'll be putting my black wheels from my Monte Carlo on it whenever I feel like it. I will try to conserve the stock A/S tires for winter and see how it goes. I actually wasn't sure how crazy I was about the stock 18" polished aluminum wheels, but I have to tell you, in person, I think they're great. They look very upscale and remind me of the wheels that were on the 2011 Shelby GT500's.

These are the wheels that I have from my Monte Carlo. 18" Momo Strike.

I have more plans, but they'll come. Now I have to just pay for the car. lol

What do ya think?!? All opinions are welcome! :shiny:

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Nice! Congrats on the new addition to the family.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
As far as plans go, I should be getting the windows tinted this weekend, I'll have the lower tape stripe removed tonight, and I'll be putting my black wheels from my Monte Carlo on it whenever I feel like it. I will try to conserve the stock A/S tires for winter and see how it goes. I actually wasn't sure how crazy I was about the stock 18" polished aluminum wheels, but I have to tell you, in person, I think they're great. They look very upscale and remind me of the wheels that were on the 2011 Shelby GT500's.
Congrats, and very sharp. I think taking off the stripe as you mentioned will make it look even more amazing.

As to the 18" polished aluminum wheels, many of us with GTs like 'em enough to plunk down an extra $435 so, yep, liking those too! :winks

Good point on seeing them in person too, the build and price in particular does not flatter these wheels at all, you gotta see 'em either in a large, high res photo or in person to really do them justice.

·
Registered
147 Posts
nice... enjoy your ride :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Sharp looking ride :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats, and very sharp. I think taking off the stripe as you mentioned will make it look even more amazing.

As to the 18" polished aluminum wheels, many of us with GTs like 'em enough to plunk down an extra $435 so, yep, liking those too! :winks

Good point on seeing them in person too, the build and price in particular does not flatter these wheels at all, you gotta see 'em either in a large, high res photo or in person to really do them justice.
Thanks a lot. The stripe is now off and it does look 100x better. I'm glad I decided to remove it. Took about 20 minutes total, 10 each side and didn't leave any residue.
I wonder how much these 18" wheels cost from Ford a piece. Does anyone know? I can't find them on their accessory site.
Thoughts on how the black wheels will look?
nice... enjoy your ride :bigthumbsup
Thank you!
Sharp looking ride :bigthumbsup
Thanks a lot. It should keep getting better as long as I can afford to do the things I want, and, of course, get the wife-to-be's OK. lol You can see her 2011 Focus SES in the background below. It's a great lil car.

Here are some more pics too.

And now tape stripe removed:

Love this car!! :bounce2:

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Wow! I too like the tape stripe removed with that dark shiny color. Looks awesome.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Ten times better without those rocker panel stripes :bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here are a few more!

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
20% tint, wash, wax, photo shoot! :cool:

I also tried to put on my black wheels, but the lug nuts that I have don't fit on the studs. I'll have to buy a new set for the Mustang and put them on. I'd like to try an save these wheels/tires for winter. Maybe do a tire swap and use the black wheels for winter since I'm sure they're cheaper to replace if the salt damages them.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Congrats! And it looks WAY better without the stripe! And even better than that with the tint!
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
209 Posts
Photos 3 and 7 of your last update just show a beautiful angle on that car and make the v6 look shaaaaaarp :bigthumbsup. The controversial rear on this car looks better than I've ever seen it (sans a gt500 spoiler) in those shots. That front end is also growing on me, great job on the car.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Photos 3 and 7 of your last update just show a beautiful angle on that car and make the v6 look shaaaaaarp :bigthumbsup. The controversial rear on this car looks better than I've ever seen it (sans a gt500 spoiler) in those shots. That front end is also growing on me, great job on the car.
Thank you. I'm actually looking at getting a camera mounted "style" spoiler (minus the cam), on top of a few other things ;). I think it'll look awesome.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Great looking car! The tint plus removing the stripes makes it look mean. I wish the front of the GT's looked like the V6 and Shelby's. I wish my fogs were in the lower fascia. :yup:

·
Registered
49 Posts
You have one gorgeous ride, for sure! The tint really makes the picture :bigthumbsup

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.