Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I was at a friend of mine's house, and I had this sudden urge to go to the bathroom REALLY bad.. rofl. Well, had it not been a girl's house, I would have went right then, but since it was, I just left. On the way home the road is curvy, speed limit is 35. I was doing about 55 the entire way down that road. Things were going fine, but I hit a small dip and my car just kind of "bounced" to the outside of the turn.. no fun at all. I know I shouldn't be going that fast in the first place, but needless to say this was an emergency. What are some good suspension mods that will make taking turns easier and prevent losing control like I almost did from happening? Will the mods done while lowering the car do the trick, or no?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Beyond said:
Tonight I was at a friend of mine's house, and I had this sudden urge to go to the bathroom REALLY bad.. rofl. Well, had it not been a girl's house, I would have went right then, but since it was, I just left. On the way home the road is curvy, speed limit is 35. I was doing about 55 the entire way down that road. Things were going fine, but I hit a small dip and my car just kind of "bounced" to the outside of the turn.. no fun at all. I know I shouldn't be going that fast in the first place, but needless to say this was an emergency. What are some good suspension mods that will make taking turns easier and prevent losing control like I almost did from happening? Will the mods done while lowering the car do the trick, or no?

Eh, that's all stick-axle fun & games!!

To better control it, you'll need a bigger rear sway bar (if you have one already, the 6 doesn't get one from the factory), and a better shock/spring combo.

To eliminate it, you'll need a IRS from a 99+ Cobra.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
DATS THAT GOOD ALL SOLID LIVE REAR AXEL!

What's mustangs all about, I hit bumps in the rear and nearly pull 180's haha

Just need to be prepared for that ****, that's why american muscle only goes straight.

but yeah a Cobra IRS would fix that problem. Maybe some upper and lowere rear control arms? because it's essentially wheel hop, and control arms can fix that.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Mustangdewd3.8 said:
DATS THAT GOOD ALL SOLID LIVE REAR AXEL!

What's mustangs all about, I hit bumps in the rear and nearly pull 180's haha

Just need to be prepared for that ****, that's why american muscle only goes straight.

but yeah a Cobra IRS would fix that problem. Maybe some upper and lowere rear control arms? because it's essentially wheel hop, and control arms can fix that.
yeah, that's where the nickname "pogo-stick" came from.

The best you can do is tame it a bit.

I reckon you could always attach the quad shocks from a GT, or go super high cost with Steeda, Griggs, etc rear suspension kits, but for the same amount of money(or less), I'd go with a Cobra IRS, with Kenny Brown mods.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
11,432 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kscoyote said:
yeah, that's what you need. Shipping costs seem a bit high . ..

it will help, nothing will stop it, except a Cobra IRS. You just get used to it. The new car does the same thing.
rofl at shipping costs.. i didn't see that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.