Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm cruising along PCH, going down the coastline with my friends, wishing i could surf. I come to a red light and a really cool looking XB comes next to me, pretty looking girl in the car too, but i just look back at the waves trying to make myself look stupid. All of a sudden i hear a big roar with a slight whine come from my left. Its her reving her engine. She yells out "i bet i can beat you to the next light" which was like 1/4 a mile down. So i just humor her and say ok. All of a sudden the light turns green and she takes off, i couldnt get traction (need new tires) then finally it caught and i took off. I catch up and get out infront. Now i know these cars arent that fast because my friend has one but she was keeping up pretty well. Only had 3 car lengths on her. We get to the light and i smile and she gives me a thumbs up and yells out "it sucks that I only get a few more horsepower from so many add ons, maybe next time i can take you when i get the supercharger"

·
Registered
485 Posts
Gotta love pretty women that race :bigthumbsup

And i feel you about the tires haha, i can't wait to get my new ones.

Sweet kill :happydance:

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Way to go. And you did not get her number?:gringreen

E

·
0 Posts
haha its true, mustang owners number one excuse it no traction lololol. Not bashing on you dude, just reminded me of something I read on another forum against mustang owner lolol. We must never have any good tires from all the burnouts and whatnot.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha its true, mustang owners number one excuse it no traction lololol. Not bashing on you dude, just reminded me of something I read on another forum against mustang owner lolol. We must never have any good tires from all the burnouts and whatnot.
Haha no worries.

Its fun to burn out until you realize that you pretty much screwed yourself because you just wasted your tires. But it doesn't get old no matter how many times we do it.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Good kill of a skeeon toaster ! :)

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH

I HATE THE TOASTER!

But the tC on the other hand... :scratchchin

HAHA!

Nice man, sounds like a cool girl. How could you not get traction though!? A mostly stock GT should be able to get grip somewhat easily... ??? :)

·
Registered
883 Posts
AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH

I HATE THE TOASTER!

But the tC on the other hand... :scratchchin

HAHA!

Nice man, sounds like a cool girl. How could you not get traction though!? A mostly stock GT should be able to get grip somewhat easily... ??? :)
He's a 6, he dumped the clutch way too hard. I have to feather the clutch and throttle to minimize spinning in my cobra. I can launch it pretty good on street tires with minimal spinning (that's with 450 at the wheels) :bigthumbsup Just takes practice, you'll get it.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
He's a 6, he dumped the clutch way too hard. I have to feather the clutch and throttle to minimize spinning in my cobra. I can launch it pretty good on street tires with minimal spinning (that's with 450 at the wheels) :bigthumbsup Just takes practice, you'll get it.
Hmm, well that could be the reason right there! I have an auto, and have never driven a stick... But that will change soon, very soon! :nogrinner

A Cobra shouldn't get traction going full throttle! LOL! :shigrin

·
Registered
883 Posts
Hmm, well that could be the reason right there! I have an auto, and have never driven a stick... But that will change soon, very soon! :nogrinner

A Cobra shouldn't get traction going full throttle! LOL! :shigrin
Are you getting a new stang?

·
Registered
934 Posts
yeah hes a 6-er should have decent traction, but oh well still won the race.

Preston did you know that new XB's actually come with tC engine ?
meaning that if someone decides to boost it its going to be hell of a toaster, lol

·
Registered
883 Posts
yeah hes a 6-er should have decent traction, but oh well still won the race.

Preston did you know that new XB's actually come with tC engine ?
meaning that if someone decides to boost it its going to be hell of a toaster, lol
I like your scion, but I cannot stand those toasters. Did you see that movie tokyo drift? When the garage opened up with that tricked out scion my brain almost exploded. . . I couldn't figure out whether to put a gun to my head or roll on the floor laughing.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Are you getting a new stang?
Nope! I love my auto to death! I wouldn't mind a manual though. 99% of my driving is city, so auto was the better decision IMO.

But...

My aunt has a 85(?) Alfa Romeo I4 5 speed & she's gonna teach me how to drive a stick! :laugh:

I also may be getting a job this summer at my friend's car shop. He says he's gonna teach me! I think I'll learn in an old Corvette... Or Cuda... Or Mustang... Or Camaro...

Hehe! :D

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Haha no worries.

Its fun to burn out until you realize that you pretty much screwed yourself because you just wasted your tires. But it doesn't get old no matter how many times we do it.
Were you north of LB or south of LB? Whats up with the SDS? what else differentiates it from a regular mustang? Good to finally see another So Cal resident.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts