Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just checking out Crutchfield to see what they have for the '05 Mustang and found this: http://tinyurl.com/93644

I am interested in getting it as I only have the Shaker 500. Anyone have any experiece with this product?

Thanks,

·
Registered
135 Posts
The Scosche speaker box is a very good product.I've had mine since early April, I received mine dirrectly from Scosche. Customer service is excellent too,The EFX speaker is a very good speaker, Scosche won best inovation at the electronics show. I have the shaker 500 with three Scosche amps powering the EFX speakers. a two channel amp for the 8 inch subs in the doors, a four channel amp for the four EFX 5x7's. and a mono amp for the EFX 12 inch box in the trunk. My set up is the same set up that Scosche did in their 05 mustang for SEMA.The answer to your question is YES! I highly recomend the Scosche 12 inch sub box and the Scosche EFX speaker that it comes with.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Forgive this simple question...

What is involved with installing the sub in the car? From what I can tell, it uses all factory mounting locations. If that is the case, cool!

Now, onto the more fun questions... it looks like I need to purchase an amp to drive this sub, what amp do you reccomend... and, how do you install the who package?

Thanks!

·
Registered
135 Posts
How much is your buget, My system is all Scosche stuff. I replaced the factory speakers with the Scosche EFX 5x7's. I kept the factory subs in the doors, But I disconected the factory amps which is located on the drivers side behind the kick panel. I did'nt remove the factory amps,I just left them there.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do not want to spend too much money on this. The sub is about 200, plus a decent amp. If I can keep it under $500, that would be cool. I am pleased with the sound of the Shaker 500, just want to add that additional thump of a decent subwoofer.

Need to watch the monies as I am currenty in the process of buying a house and just had a new son born on Friday.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Fryguy,

I bought a Rockford Fosgate Punch mono amp (P3001) for my Scosche sub. I use it with an aftermarket head unit. As far as I'm concerned, it has plenty of power (hard to see out of the rear view mirror when the windshield is shaking with the music). I made a bracket to mount it the sub enclosure. I'll send you a picture tomorrow of the completed installation tomorrow if you'd like (the pictures are on a different computer so I can't send them today).

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pictures would be awsome! Thanks!

·
Registered
135 Posts
fryguy, If you call the Scosche tech line they will be more than happy to tell you what you'll need to hook up the sub box to the shaker 500. their number is 1-800-363-4490. James

·
Registered
37 Posts
i install two 12 inch rockford fasgate subwoofer and 1200 watt amp in it and its awsome
anybody need a help to install the system i can help u out

·
Registered
91 Posts
Here are 2 pictures. I bought some metal from Lowes and welded up a mounting bracket. Most of it is behind the amp, but you can see some of it to the left and right. The right side is mounted to the sub box with some self-drilling screws. The left side is attached at the top with a self-drilling screw and the bottom is held in place with an adjustable foot used on small tables, etc.

I modified the Scosche mounting instructions slightly. To hold the lower bracket, I took the bolt from Scosche and ran it up from below the trunk (sealed with RTV) in the existing mounting hole and use the wing nut provided. For the upper mount, the fit was tight on my car so I bought a Allen head screw and used it rather than the hex bolt Scosche provides.

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thanks to those that posted pics. I saw this box over the weekend on Crutchfield and wondered exactly how it mounted.

My question - Do you find that one sub is enough? I have had plenty of systems, and have always had multiple.

Also - For those that have it installed, can you still fit, say, a set of golf clubs in the trunk?

Thanks in advance.

Scott

·
Registered
91 Posts
It obviously takes up some space on the passenger side. I don't golf, but I don't think a set of clubs would fit across the back without the sub. Besides, with the fold down rear seats, even a set of skis should fit without any problem.
As far as enough bass, it is for me (the rearview mirror will dance to the music), but then again I'm 42. I like modern bands like Greenday and Linkin Park (bands that actually play instruments and sing), but if you want to force everyone in a 2 square block area to listen to some of the "music" that you hear coming out of some cars then maybe it won't be enough for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts