Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been sitting on the fence regarding the Metra Dash Kit and decided to contact Scosche about their unit which has been talked about for awhile. The sales rep told me they are going into production and will be available October/November. The suggested retail is $299. According to the rep, the unit is made of high quality materials, features a TOUCH SCREEN with access to all the features, and ships WITH the radio harness.

I've decided to wait, the touch screen is very appealing.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I'm guessing that if you install one of these kits then you forfeit your Sync functionality?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I've been sitting on the fence regarding the Metra Dash Kit and decided to contact Scosche about their unit which has been talked about for awhile. The sales rep told me they are going into production and will be available October/November. The suggested retail is $299. According to the rep, the unit is made of high quality materials, features a TOUCH SCREEN with access to all the features, and ships WITH the radio harness.

I've decided to wait, the touch screen is very appealing.

i dont want to be johnny raincloud but this kit was supposed to be released for the 2011's. it gets pushed back every couple of months. hopefully this time is the real deal as i also have been eyeing this. have you seen it? it looks pretty clean, better than factory i think

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont want to be johnny raincloud but this kit was supposed to be released for the 2011's. it gets pushed back every couple of months. hopefully this time is the real deal as i also have been eyeing this. have you seen it? it looks pretty clean, better than factory i think
I know about the delays, but the rep says the design is done and they are going into production. Hopefully they'll stay on schedule. I haven't seen it, do you have a pic/link?

·
Registered
491 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
i started looking at the scosche kit in january and starting in february they told me that it was "in production." wouldn't get my hopes up...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i started looking at the scosche kit in january and starting in february they told me that it was "in production." wouldn't get my hopes up...
Killjoy. :winks

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm guessing that if you install one of these kits then you forfeit your Sync functionality?
I'm also wondering if sync will still work after this mod.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
158 Posts
Maybe I'll upgrade the audio after all :kooky:. This is much better than the craptastic one from metra.

@matthewr87. It shouldn't affect the Sync functionality at all. You should be able to purchase an adapter that will make the new head unit run sync.

@happydad. The cut out on top should be for the clock and temperature gauge. Check out pic 8 at the link.

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@happydad. The cut out on top should be for the clock and temperature gauge. Check out pic 8 at the link.
It would help if I scrolled down on the link. I didn't see any of those pics before. Thanks!!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Might have to look into this as well, looks nice

·
Registered
949 Posts
Looks like the cutout is for the factory screen at the top.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have one of the kits they have out now. Works pretty good and its for sale if anyone wants it. METRA 99-5823CH.

The amps and subs I had took .24 seconds off my fastest time at the track. SO I took it all out. I have the dash kit and a sub box designed for 2005+ stangs for sale.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yo that Scosche Dash is RIDICULOUSLY COOL! That is a perfect interior mod to replace the shaker 500 stock system. Great youtube vid find btw.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I still like the metra kit better over this.
I'll probably go with the scosche although I'm not crazy about the AC display. I am hoping it can be dimmed/turned off.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts