Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, sorry if this is a stupid question, i guess i'm a bit worried. last night i went over a mountain of a speed bump made out of concrete, not the plastic ones.

As i was driving over it i heard the car scraping under it. When i got home i checked underneath as much as i could, didn't jacked the car, but i couldn't really see anything obvious.

So what kind of damage did i do ? Or am i just being paranoid ?

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
The front of the H-pipe below the cats is the lowest point of the car so you may have scraped that part of the exhaust. Also you may have scraped the lowest part of the front bumper.

·
Registered
10,352 Posts
probably not a big deal, try to get a better look under there to check the low spots that Bullitt mentioned

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The front of the H-pipe below the cats is the lowest point of the car so you may have scraped that part of the exhaust. Also you may have scraped the lowest part of the front bumper.

i see, well that's not really such a big deal. i was more worried i hit the oil pan and now i'm going to leak oil everywhere.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Funny thing, back in the '70s we cruised a lot on evenings, was a kid drove a green Camaro had triangulated ladder type traction bars ran from rear axle to pivots on front subframe about where the driver's feet were. At the rear, the bars were probably 8" tall, maybe more. He was following a buddy and I and trying to agitate a race. We led him through the local Kroger's parking lot and last we saw of him that night, he was stuck on the speed bump with both rear tires a few inches off the pavement.

·
Super Moderator
2,953 Posts
Unless it sounded and felt really bad you are probably alright. A quick look will show if anything major as you will see skid marks. I wouldn't sweat it to bad if all looks and seems alright. It happens to the best of us and usually worst is front lip damage.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unless it sounded and felt really bad you are probably alright. A quick look will show if anything major as you will see skid marks. I wouldn't sweat it to bad if all looks and seems alright. It happens to the best of us and usually worst is front lip damage.
Thanks ! It didn't really sound bad, hurt my pride more i think :) I looked under the car and i think the frame got scraped off a bit, i'm just happy nothing is leaking.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
I just realized that the parts closest to the ground on my car (apart from the wheels of course ;)) are actually the over axle pipes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts