Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got my windows tinted about two weeks ago and yesterday my bro rolls down the widow n leaves a scratch. the guy at the car audio place where i got my windows tinted says its a weatherstripping problem. n because of that its not covered under the solarguard lifetime warranty. i called my ford dealership and they said they would replace it. but will that really fix the problem?

·
Registered
191 Posts
take it to your local dealership there is a bulletin on it......:happyhapp

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just had mine done three weeks ago and the other day noticed the same thing on the driver side:cool:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
today i went to the dealership to talk to them about fixing the problem with my tint. i dropped it off and i called them later to see how it was going. they said they took the whole door apart, there was nothing touching except in one spot where it wasnt even scratched. then i asked about the weatherstripping, and they said its emmaculate and there is no replacement for it. also, my tint guy says i shouldnt remove the weatherstripping on the inside as it will make the window "sloppy". what can i do?

oh and i also brough my car in to get the freakin tachometer replaced after it started making some crazy noises, and to get my front end worked on bc of the dreaded popping sound.

as far as the lemon law in texas goes, does it have to be fixed multiple times for the same problem or a different problem?

·
Registered
157 Posts
richey rich789 said:
so i got my windows tinted about two weeks ago and yesterday my bro rolls down the widow n leaves a scratch. the guy at the car audio place where i got my windows tinted says its a weatherstripping problem. n because of that its not covered under the solarguard lifetime warranty. i called my ford dealership and they said they would replace it. but will that really fix the problem?
I had the same problem and had my tint replaced again after it got scratched.

Here's the solution. Go to your local Hobby Lobby Store or any store that sells black felt with an adhesive backing. Take off your weatherstripping and install the felt. You can make this look like an OEM install and no one will know the difference. Best part is, NO MORE SCRATCHES!!

I did mine in the spring, had the windows retinted and haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sweet. ill do that. how do i take the weatherstriping off to install the felt or do i even have to?

·
Registered
157 Posts
richey rich789 said:
sweet. ill do that. how do i take the weatherstriping off to install the felt or do i even have to?
You will need to remove most of the door panel components to remove the weatherstripping, but it will not require you to COMPLETELY remove the door panel.

Once you get all the screws and bolts removed, just lift up slightly on the door panel until you can get the wx stripping off. It's pretty easy to do.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have had many mustang owners write me about their tint being scratched. I decided to add your cars to my list and built a non scratch window tint kit for you.

I worked with my supplier to build a specially designed felt (moleskin) for this purpose. It will perform and hold up MUCH better than the generic mole skin that is not designed for the heat and humidity of a car door environment.

Let me know how you like it! :)

Keep your window tint from scratching!
Specifically designed for this application.

Order securely at:
http://www.automoleskin.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts