Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 GT Auto and i currently have the 89 octane from BAMA and was wondering if switching to the 91 octane tune would be to "touchy" for a daily driver. Opinions anyone??

·
Registered
44 Posts
i have a huge bone to pick with those tuners. nothing beats good dyno tune. i have the sct chip in my gt, its a 94, and blew my motor. had it on a 87 street tune. nothing crazy, just wanted to increase some air and fuel ratios for a more stoich running engine and...boom! actually it was more like [email protected]%k! those pre-tuners can very much damage your engine. they mess with your ecu and can potentially cause major problems. with me, the chip was tuned to run the fan whenever the cars is running and i guess it turned it off and my engine temp gauge went to heven and i blew a nice head gasket and pretty sure a ring or two. dont know until i rip it apart

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
i have a huge bone to pick with those tuners. nothing beats good dyno tune. i have the sct chip in my gt, its a 94, and blew my motor. had it on a 87 street tune. nothing crazy, just wanted to increase some air and fuel ratios for a more stoich running engine and...boom! actually it was more like [email protected]%k! those pre-tuners can very much damage your engine. they mess with your ecu and can potentially cause major problems. with me, the chip was tuned to run the fan whenever the cars is running and i guess it turned it off and my engine temp gauge went to heven and i blew a nice head gasket and pretty sure a ring or two. dont know until i rip it apart
That's why I leave that part of the tune closed, when I load the tuner for those who don't have tuning experience. When it comes to a certain %, it's not the same as getting it tuned on a dyno. And I would never run a canned tune in a daily driver, or anything for that matter, Mike. :nono::nono:

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I have a 2006 GT Auto and i currently have the 89 octane from BAMA and was wondering if switching to the 91 octane tune would be to "touchy" for a daily driver. Opinions anyone??
I use Bama's 93 Race tune, and my 'Stang is a daily driver and I love it. :bigthumbsup In the winter I will usually switch to the Performance tune just so the throttle isn't as touchy because of snow and ice etc.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I have used the Bama 91 Race tune as a daily driver on my 2008 automatic GT (with "Bullitt" CAI). At smaller throttle openings it is as smooth as the stock tune, but when you open it up it spins the wheels in second and chirps third. Very satisfying, all things considered.

·
Registered
44 Posts
how many miles where on ur Gt

Only 2500 miles on the rebuild that I did with no cutting corners and everything torqued the right way. Its a shame if I only saved the money fr the chip, could have put it towards a dyno session tune...

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I don't think that you'll have any problem with it being too "touchy" for the street. We have many people running that tune, with nothing but good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.