Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking on americanmuscle.com and it seems to me that the diablosport predator strategy tuner can do alot more things than the sct strategy tuner can. the diablo can adjust more fuel points, and more timing adjustment capabilities, so is it the better tuner? it also costs less. it sounds to me like diablo is the way to go if i wanted the best tune for my car. can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
There are some minor differences between the two tuners, but far more important is WHICH tuner your dyno operator supports. This is often the SCT, though certainly not always, and some support BOTH.

Keep in mind that the tuner is HALF the package. It is a powerful tool that CAN make alterations, but it cannot MEASURE and monitor those changes properly - this requires a Wideband O2 rig (check out the one sold by Innovate) or a dyno with a knowledgeable tech.

This is the purpose of a custom tune.

Trying to tune these new cars by "ear" doesn't work, and the danger of trying to set up the tune listening for detonation as it starts is like clearing a minefield by stomping around on the ground.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Most of the countries Top tuners use SCT Software for Custom Dyno tunes but there's also Diablo guys out there.
I would say the Datalogging capabilities with the SCT are better since the Predator doesn't have much internal memory, I have to do 2 different logs on the dyno to send the parameters to my guy cause it cant log everything he needs to see in one!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.