Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question and this might be a dumb one but here goes. If 2 people have almost the same car and the same mods using the SCT Tuner, If I had a custom tune could I email the file to a friend and would it work properly on his car. Just wondering and trying to test other tunes to see if I can get my car running any better..

Jimmy B...

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Yup if he has the same hand held and correct downloading software the Custom Tune could be shared!

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
im about 85% sure every tune is made for your specific computer code. Unless this is for tuner.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reason I asked this, When I bought my SCT X3 I didnt get the free tunes for life deal. I sure wish I would have seen that before I purchased mine. That might have been able to save me a few dollars on tunes..

Jimmy B..

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
The only true custom tune, is a custom dyno tune for your vehicle. Anything else is just a canned tune, Mike SCT Tuner.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
contact Brian or Brent at Brenspeed. They would know best. Brian is a vendor-sponsor for AFM and is on the web site.

Fred

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
The only true custom tune, is a custom dyno tune for your vehicle. Anything else is just a canned tune, Mike SCT Tuner.
Not necessarily Mike, you could have a custom programmer out of state e-mail you a tune for the current Mods on the car, then you'd make Dyno runs and Datalog specific parameters, send them back for review and then a Final revision will be made taking those numbers and A/F readings as a guide!:bigthumbsup
Custom Dyno Tune- up to $500
The method I described.. $125 if you already have a Predator or SCT hand held to import the Tune!
A Custom Dyno tune will give you the most part throttle response and peak HP but the method me and many friends use is the latter!
The guy tweaking behind the laptop is Very Important as well, that's a Given!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the input. Im going to give the guys at Brenspeed a call. :bigthumbsup

Jimmy B...

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.