Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty!! I got my SCT Livewire tuner yesterday and uploaded my custom tune (02 V6 Stang 3.8l) from American Muscle yesteday. I am not sure how I am suppose to test everything and/or run diagnostics or whatever. I feel like my car is running A LOT (understatement) smoother and throttle resopnse is unreal. And it finally took my 0401 code and 0100 code and made it go bye bye for good - well so far :)

If anyone has any ideas what I should do to tweak and or test the performance after this awesome upgrade please let me know.

Also - when they custom tuned it they did it for 87 Oct and I need it 93 OCt - anyone have an idea how to get this changed? Thanks to all -

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to know - thanks. I really have not messed with the built in tunes. I am only running the custom tune that I got from American Muscle.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Make sure if you have the car on the 93 octane tune, you only run 93 octane. Anything lower may cause detonation/pinging and could really damage the engine. See if there is any way to double check with AmericanMuscle on what tunes you have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.