Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered the tuner/airaid cai combo from AM. Airaid= awesomely badass, great. Tuner? Not so much.

I got it pre-loaded with S87, 89P, 93R. It came in Thursday night, and I knew the Airaid CAI was getting installed Friday. So, I figured I'd wait to tune the Mustang until a I ordered a new set of custom tunes to account for the Airaid, and they emailed them to me Friday morning. I updated the software on the tuner, downloaded the newtunes, loaded them up, and followed the directions. Plugged it into my car, turned the key on (yes, the full two clicks), then off like it told me. Then it screamed at me ENHH ENHH!! and told me to find my dealer. Ummm there's no SCT certified tuner within 50 miles of me. I called Bama, they told me "that's weird, I've never heard of this. It seems like there aren't any tunes on the device or it's not recognizing them. Let me resend them to you. If that doesn't work, contact SCT"... didn't work. Emailed SCT. And now I wait. WTF.

Any advice? This was a birthday present to myself gone bad. :(

·
Registered
225 Posts
hmmm... that sounds odd. I would recommend talking to a AM rep over the phone, and directly with the BAMA team. Good luck.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did talk to Bama twice.. and they said they tried everything they could (resending me the tunes).. basically their only tip was "you did turn the key the full two turns, right??" and yes, yes I did. Then they told me "well, I guess you have to call SCT. Sorry." I think I'm gonna cry. :(

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
E-mailing SCT isn't going to do you any good, they get a bazillion e-mails every day, you are going to have to call them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ugh. SCT and Bama are closed on weekends. Their "online" tech support (which said, "we're online right now!") hasn't responded in two hours, and it never responded last night

·
Registered
332 Posts
why cant AM check these tuners for correct operation befor sending them out?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IDK put I'm pretty bummed about this. I never tried to tune it as I said with the tunes that were on it (I guess pre-loaded), because I knew the airaid was getting installed so I should just order new ones accounting for the airaid mod. I did, Bama mailed them to me, I uploaded them after installing the software/updating the tuner, and nope. Not working. It won't even show me the tunes on the tuner. And then out of curiosity I plugged it into the computer and tried to "download stock tunes" and it said there were none! :eek:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah it just told me "Full Size on Device = 0 There Is No Valid File/ stock.bin On The Device" when trying to "Get Stock File From Device".....

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I thought the Airaid CAI kits didn't need a tune? Anyway, if your device is F'd up, don't sweat it, tons of guys have used them w/o issues. Be patient. It'll get sorted out.

Kids these days. ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the same tuner model and have never had troubles with it. Sounds like you may just have a lemon.

Who is John Galt?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just spoke with Bama again after calling AM and he told me it seems like the tuner isn't accepting the tunes. The reason I have no stock tune is because the tuner hasn't tuned the car yet which is when it saves your stock tune to the device.

But anyway, yeah, he told me that for some reason it seems the tuner isn't accepting em.. and to call SCT Monday for troubleshooting. Oh well

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I thought the Airaid CAI kits didn't need a tune? Anyway, if your device is F'd up, don't sweat it, tons of guys have used them w/o issues. Be patient. It'll get sorted out.

Kids these days. ;)
They don't, but that doesn't mean you can still unlock additional power from the airaid by re-tuning how the extra air is being used.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Try to get ahold of Blivit, he's here on the forums and got my car going on a Sunday afternoon when I had issues with my tuner. Nice guy and helped me out on the weekend, couldn't thank him enough

·
Registered
118 Posts
Try to get a hold of Blivit, he's a member here on the forum and helped me get my car going on a Sunday afternoon when I dicked up my tuner(my fault, tried loading same tune twice not knowing it only went to 25% when switching custom tunes).
He's a super nice guy couldn't thank him enough for straightening things out on the weekend

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
On the positive side, at least the issues with the tuner didn't brick your car. You can still drive it right?

·
Registered
34 Posts
JohnGaltsGal,

I just resolved an issue that I was having with my tuner yesterday. It seems that the SCT Updater program that was updated to a newer version earlier this week had a bug. I spoke with an SCT representative yesterday just before closing time (18:00 EST). Late yesterday afternoon they issued another new update for the SCT updater program (the one that you install on your PC so that you can communicate with your device for downloading your different custom tunes onto it) that completely fixed the issues that I was having. You might want to open that program today, as it will update itself automatically. This will hopefully resolve your problems.

I hope that this helps :?:

Edit: All of the custom tunes will still show up as if they are there as normal, but you will have to re-install all of them back onto the device for them to be recognized properly.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmm it said everything was up to date..

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
over the years, ive had a couple issues with my tuner. you`ll have to call sct tech dept, they will have a guy take over your computer and fix everything. those guys are great. have your tuner/ printer cable/ tunes on your desktop and car close by. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
This ended up not being an issue with the firmware version of the actual tuner itself, but a problem with the updater program. It apparently was not downloading the tune files onto the device correctly.

Check to see if your updater program is version 2.9.7.38 (shows up in the top left corner of the program window), This is the latest version which has been fixed. If you have opened it up today it should have automatically updated itself to the newest version. Be sure to re-load all of three of your custom tunes back onto the device though... the other ones that were loaded prior to the update will still not work correctly if you don`t.

If this does not help, then I would think that you must have been unlucky and got a dud. I`m sure AM will get you a new one ASAP :bigthumbsup

EDIT: Or like amustangrocks says... give SCT a call on Monday and they will surely be able to re-program it for you.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yup, it's version 2.9.7.38. And I re-loaded em..

1 - 20 of 46 Posts