Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone

i have a mosty stock mustang, just a few bolt-on's
i.e. C.A.I, MSD blaster coil, smog delete, A/C delete and a set of 9mm ford racing sparkplug wires so what im wondering is what SCT tuner should i be looking at and i will be putting on more bolt-ons if not putting in a 347 engine.

thank you

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
you dont really need a tuner for these fox cars with just bolt on stuff..spend your money on something else and you'll see greater gains..
the computer doesnt start acting up till you start changing cams and heads or fuel injectors(BTW if you have stock heads/cam/intake,etc.,larger fuel injectors will do nothing at all for you,i know some poeple consider these bolt-ons,but again,just a waste of money on a stock motor)

but if you think you absolutely must get a tune burned for your bolt on,the only thing SCT makes for the EEC-IV is part #6600 Flip chip,which the tunes have to be burned by a special burner either by an SCT authorized tuner/dyno shop,or you can get them sent to you mail order,but those are hit and miss. much better results from a dyno shop

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for the input, it helps because i know nothing about them hahaha so again thank you for the input

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
no problem,get some gears instead,you'll enjoy them more

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Once you start getting more heavily modified, then you would benefit from a custom chip.
Plus there isn't a handheld tuner for our cars like the 4.6 guys have. We have to do the chip or shell out lots of $$$ for an aftermarket system like the Anderson PMS or Tweecer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.