Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an SCT SF3 tuner and I am having a bit of trouble. I have a custom tune on it for my 1998 Mustang GT. This tune is supposed to turn off my rear O2 sensors on my off-road H pipe so I don't get a Check Engine light. About every week I get a Check Engine light and I have to read and clear the codes with the tuner. The codes that I get are the following:
P0430-Catalyst system efficiency below threshold (b2)
P1260-Theft detected, vehicle immobilized

I don't know what the problem could be.:headscratch:
Has anyone had or heard of SCT device problems?
All help is highly appreciated!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Tuning is out of my realm, but I do know that the MIL eliminators (got mine on AM) work like a charm and are a snap to install. You really shouldn't have to get them (I know tuners can turn them off), but as a last resort you at least can get rid of that damn light!

They run about 60 bones.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
i would call up AM if u got it from them explain to them your scenario, and knowing AM, they WILL reinstall the tune or double check that the tune has the rear O2s off and make sure it has nothin to do with the theft system as well... and ALSO im sure that if, for whatever reason you happened to get a bad programmer, they might even just replace it for you for free as long as you send the old one back??:scratchchin

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, AM is the best to deal with!:hihi: I have emailed them and they sent me a new rewritten tune, but that still didn't work.:so
Now I am going to have to call SCT. I just hope that the tuner isn't bad. Could it just be the firmware, update software stuff? :headscratch:
Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's the real question, I have the tuner with a great custom tune but it didn't shut off the rear O2 sensors... I also have MIL eliminators that I took off like 2 weeks before. I was hoping that the tune would have shut them off but for some reason it didn't! I will just have to call SCT, I guess.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
That is why I will only get a custom tune from someone who leaves user adjustability on. That way if there's little problems like that, I can go in and turn them off personally.

If user adjustability is on, you should just be able to go in and verify that the rear O2's are on yourself.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In the custom tune adjustment selection, the O2 sensors aren't there. It was said that the custom tune should have shut the O2 sensors off anyways.:so
Thanks everyone!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.