Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I've taken the plunge, let the mods start! Put in order with AM today. I'll report back once everything is in and installed. I'm also putting in K&N filter. I wanted to start there with intake. From what I read stock airbox on 2010's is descent. Can't wait!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am looking into possible getting a SCT w/ Bama Tunes but am still on the fence regarding it. Let me know what you think of it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am looking into possible getting a SCT w/ Bama Tunes but am still on the fence regarding it. Let me know what you think of it.
Jeremy,

Will do. It should be here this week. I'll let you know my results. The only other thing I'm putting on is the drop in K&N filter.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Tune makes a difference, a cai that requires a tune will help even further, but I think you'll be pleased with the results!

·
Registered
297 Posts
i've had my American Muscle SCT tuner with Bama race tune in my 2010 GT for a year now and love it, i have an automatic and especially like the shift point improvements....

i kept the stock air box, if stlwagon from AFM says it's a good one, that's good enough for me, and i dropped in the K&N filter as well, not a huge jump there, just increased air flow with cleaner air.

prepare to enjoy your Mustang even more after installation:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Ok guys I've taken the plunge, let the mods start! Put in order with AM today. I'll report back once everything is in and installed. I'm also putting in K&N filter. I wanted to start there with intake. From what I read stock airbox on 2010's is descent. Can't wait!
Great choice on your destination for tunes, the pros at Bama will work night and day to keep your Mustang running at the head of the herd!

The drop-in K&N is a great choice and exactly what I run on my car! Just make sure to open up the airbox and clean it every 10-20K miles(I check mine once a month or so). This will keep you running in tip-top shape!

i've had my American Muscle SCT tuner with Bama race tune in my 2010 GT for a year now and love it, i have an automatic and especially like the shift point improvements....

i kept the stock air box, if stlwagon from AFM says it's a good one, that's good enough for me, and i dropped in the K&N filter as well, not a huge jump there, just increased air flow with cleaner air.

prepare to enjoy your Mustang even more after installation:bigthumbsup
Prepare your mouth to be set on permasmile:grinroll:!

AM is a great place to get some great tunes.....:bigthumbsup
Thanks for the kind words!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
777 Posts
Your going to love it. AM is great:bigthumbsup. Heck I'm on AMs web page everyday looking at what I can get for my car next.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok guys I just got it. Going out to install tune now! I'll report back after I run it for awhile.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I installed the 91 Performance tune, no problems with the upload. It was a little weird with the gauges going crazy and funny noises, but it went fine and fired right up after the tune. So I took it out for about 15 minutes, and all I can say is "WOW!!!!" It's like a new car! It really woke it up, the throttle rolls in a lot better, and the power takes off hard from 2500-6000. I'm leaving it on this tune for awhile and see how it does over the long term. I'm loving it so far!!

Thanks AM and BAMA! You guys are great!

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I installed the 91 Performance tune, no problems with the upload. It was a little weird with the gauges going crazy and funny noises, but it went fine and fired right up after the tune. So I took it out for about 15 minutes, and all I can say is "WOW!!!!" It's like a new car! It really woke it up, the throttle rolls in a lot better, and the power takes off hard from 2500-6000. I'm leaving it on this tune for awhile and see how it does over the long term. I'm loving it so far!!

Thanks AM and BAMA! You guys are great!

That's awesome, so glad to hear!

Thanks for the kind words!

Is your face set on permasmile, yet :D ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts