Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I created a new topic, V6 Upgrades and this came up. Now i thank everyone who gave me there insights on what i should upgrade. However, the SCT X-Cal Accel 2 came up. What exactly does it do... Mind you i dont know "A lot" about cars, but i know a few things. For example, all fluids etc...:doh:

For those who didnt view my last thread i have a, 2005 V6 Mustang Automatic.

Thanks who all view and reply,

Giovanni
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,314 Posts
Kuruption said:
I created a new topic, V6 Upgrades and this came up. Now i thank everyone who gave me there insights on what i should upgrade. However, the SCT X-Cal Accel 2 came up. What exactly does it do... Mind you i dont know "A lot" about cars, but i know a few things. For example, all fluids etc...:doh:

For those who didnt view my last thread i have a, 2005 V6 Mustang Automatic.

Thanks who all view and reply,

Giovanni
I'm assuming you mean the SCT X-Calibrator2... Not sure about the "Accel"...

The X-Cal2 basically reprograms your car computer. It unlocks a lot of potential of the V6, especially the automatic. Alternative Auto's V6 automatic tune resulted in an extra 12 RWHP and 17 pounds of RWTQ! Remember this gains are at the wheels. You will also notice a dramatic improvement in throttle response and shifting. Here's the dyno sheet from a stock V6 auto, before and after loading Alternative Auto's 89 Octane tune...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, yeah i meant the XCal not acell. I've also read that it also spins your tires as it shifts, much like a manual... Is this false or true like i read?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,314 Posts
Kuruption said:
Ok, yeah i meant the XCal not acell. I've also read that it also spins your tires as it shifts, much like a manual... Is this false or true like i read?
Ok.. I don't know about spinning the tires during shifts.. at least not on dry pavement... LOL!

Here's my setup and what I know. I've got the V6 auto. I've added the MMR intake with the tube. I've got a Magnaflow single cat-back exhaust. I'm running BIG tires in the back. 265/60/16s. They are a lot wider and an 1.5 inches taller than the stock. Last week I had 4.10s and a Trac-Lock put in. With the tune for Alternative Auto I can actually hear my tires chirp at times. Doesn't happen all the time... But I have heard it. I had them set my shift firmness to be VERY FIRM! My shifts will really snap your head back...

Now like I said this is my experience with my setup... Before the X-Cal I couldn't even get the little stock tire to spin... Now thanks to the X-Cal2, Track-Lock and the 4.10s (which compensate for the BIG TIRES) I'm leaving two lines of rubber pretty easily...

Your results may very... but I don't think you'll be disappointed...

Here's a little graph I made for the data I collected using the X-Cal2. You can see the MPH spikes up when the car shifts... It's my assumption this is actually the tires breaking loose a little bit... hence the "chirp"...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First and foremost, i would like to thank you for discussing this with me.

I just want to know what i'm getting into with 379 bucks plus tax.:sosad: A couple more questions i have for the SCT X-Cal:

1) Easy to install? *Like i said, i don't know a lot about cars.*

2) Will the jump in Horsepower be noticable... As of right now it's stock with Stereo system and tint the only after market acessory.

3) Burnouts. Now i know it's more for Manual, however, during power braking will i notice more of a chirp. Other than a natural drop that will ruin my trany.

4) For my v6 what tires should i put on it...? Like i said they are stock right now.

5) If i went the SCT XCal route, what other mod (for auto) would be my next best bet. That works well with it. *Like i said, i know little about cars.*

6) Will this in anyway ruin any part of my vehicle, not done by me of course.

7) Will i notice a difference in acell speed?

Once again thanks for helping out a fellow pony owner who couldnt afford the GT. :worship

Gio
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,314 Posts
Kuruption said:
First and foremost, i would like to thank you for discussing this with me.

I just want to know what i'm getting into with 379 bucks plus tax.:sosad: A couple more questions i have for the SCT X-Cal:

1) Easy to install? *Like i said, i don't know a lot about cars.*

2) Will the jump in Horsepower be noticable... As of right now it's stock with Stereo system and tint the only after market acessory.

3) Burnouts. Now i know it's more for Manual, however, during power braking will i notice more of a chirp. Other than a natural drop that will ruin my trany.

4) For my v6 what tires should i put on it...? Like i said they are stock right now.

5) If i went the SCT XCal route, what other mod (for auto) would be my next best bet. That works well with it. *Like i said, i know little about cars.*

6) Will this in anyway ruin any part of my vehicle, not done by me of course.

7) Will i notice a difference in acell speed?

Once again thanks for helping out a fellow pony owner who couldnt afford the GT. :worship

Gio
1) To use the X-Cal2 you simply plug it into your ODB port which is located under the dash just to the left of the steering wheel. You follow the on screen directions to "reflash" your cars computer. It will save your stock program onto the X-Cal2 first. I don't have the instruction handy but I believe they were pretty clear. It takes a couple of minutes.

2) Yes, you will notice a difference immediately. You will definitely notice the extra torque!

3) After reflashing my car I no longer needed to power brake to do a burnout. Just simply stepping on the gas would cause my tire to spin! And if you power brake you can do some pretty impressive burnouts... although it will only be one tire... LOL NEVER EVER DO A NEUTRAL DROP....

4) Not sure on the tire subject...I'm running the stock tires up front... I'm running some big BFGoodrich Radials in the back... all-season stuff... nothing fancy....

5) I would look at some of the intake kits next. I have the MMR intake and solid tube... kind of pricey, looks nice and I did get some performance gains... There are a few other kits out there. The other thing to look at is getting rid of the stock muffler... it is very restrictive. Lot of guys are running the JBA or MAC... I have the Magnaflow single cat back....

6) I sure hope not... LOL! As far as I know these mods are all considered pretty safe...

7) For me it was a night and day difference! The car responded so much better after reflashing it... It was much faster off the line!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When you say, Intake. Do you mean Cold Air Intake. I was reading about it and it seems things like Weapon R are good choices. Also is the cat-back single exhaust expensive and will you notice a sound difference? IE. Sounding like its got more power... Forgive my home improvment pun. :naughty

Also what does the stock V6 run in the quarter on avg?

Thanks,

Gio
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,314 Posts
Kuruption said:
When you say, Intake. Do you mean Cold Air Intake. I was reading about it and it seems things like Weapon R are good choices. Also is the cat-back single exhaust expensive and will you notice a sound difference? IE. Sounding like its got more power... Forgive my home improvment pun. :naughty

Also what does the stock V6 run in the quarter on avg?

Thanks,

Gio
Yeah, when i say intake I mean cold air intake (CAI)... although none of them go through the fender wall... I haven't heard of Weapon R...

No matter which aftermarket exhaust you go with, unless you put a fart cannon on, will sound better than stock. No only will it sound like it's got more power you should actaully pick our a couple of HP. Check out

http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/05V6Exhaust.htm

Don's got a pretty good list of the different exhausts.... I went with the Magnaflow single cat-back and I'm very happy...

Don't have the 1/4 time handy...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,432 Posts
Kuruption said:
When you say, Intake. Do you mean Cold Air Intake. I was reading about it and it seems things like Weapon R are good choices. Also is the cat-back single exhaust expensive and will you notice a sound difference? IE. Sounding like its got more power... Forgive my home improvment pun. :naughty

Also what does the stock V6 run in the quarter on avg?

Thanks,

Gio
That Weapon R stuff is iffy. They specialize in Japanese cars, and turn that stuff out like hotcakes. They do good work on Hondas, but on V6 mustangs in the past, the Weapon R's didn't do any better than a K&N Drop Filter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
fishingjts said:
Ok.. I don't know about spinning the tires during shifts.. at least not on dry pavement... LOL!

Here's my setup and what I know. I've got the V6 auto. I've added the MMR intake with the tube. I've got a Magnaflow single cat-back exhaust. I'm running BIG tires in the back. 265/60/16s. They are a lot wider and an 1.5 inches taller than the stock. Last week I had 4.10s and a Trac-Lock put in. With the tune for Alternative Auto I can actually hear my tires chirp at times. Doesn't happen all the time... But I have heard it. I had them set my shift firmness to be VERY FIRM! My shifts will really snap your head back...

Now like I said this is my experience with my setup... Before the X-Cal I couldn't even get the little stock tire to spin... Now thanks to the X-Cal2, Track-Lock and the 4.10s (which compensate for the BIG TIRES) I'm leaving two lines of rubber pretty easily...

Your results may very... but I don't think you'll be disappointed...

Here's a little graph I made for the data I collected using the X-Cal2. You can see the MPH spikes up when the car shifts... It's my assumption this is actually the tires breaking loose a little bit... hence the "chirp"...
Hey..this is off topic but where did u have your 4.10s and t-lok put in? I was looking for a place here but i had some trouble. Was it a dealer where ur at or what? Thanks a lot..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,314 Posts
Red99Stang said:
Hey..this is off topic but where did u have your 4.10s and t-lok put in? I was looking for a place here but i had some trouble. Was it a dealer where ur at or what? Thanks a lot..
I asked my local Ford dealer to quote the job... they came back and said, "Well we really don't know how long it will take until we get in there... soooo we better quote you at least 8 hours".... I did not walk out.. I RAN! LOL!

I asked around... talked to some people I trusted... ended up at a shop the next town over. Basically all the shop does is gears and clutches...
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top