Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I have an SCT X-Calibrator 2 which I purchased from Evolution Performance back in the day with a JLT Cold Air intake. Whenever I tune my car, it tells me I only have so many tunes remaining. What happens when I finally run out? I haven't taken my car in for the airbag recall yet because I do not want to burn through two tunes to get it fixed.

·
Registered
682 Posts
there shouldnt be a limit i have a sct x3 and it dosent give me any messages

·
Registered
962 Posts
1st the airbag recall has no effect on the tune,just had mine done.

2nd,,,the tunes are programed into the xcal,they arent going anywhere unless you delete them. You can go back and forth to stock all day long with no problem.

You can order a new tune or tunes to replace the originals,usually the SCT holds 2 and the stock tune total 3. But you can switch then as often as you like,,they never run out till you delete them

·
Registered
682 Posts
dude wtf its 3 custom and stock lol but tiehter way he has to have tune on stock cuz without stock u cant get warrenty work or recalls it needs to be stock

·
Registered
313 Posts
He maybe referring to how many times the sct can be married to a vehicle. Thats the only thing I can think of that the sct will tell you how many times it can be done. I think it can be done 5 times.

·
Registered
962 Posts
dude wtf its 3 custom and stock lol but tiehter way he has to have tune on stock cuz without stock u cant get warrenty work or recalls it needs to be stock

NO you dont have to return it to stock. Just had my airbag re-call done and my car is definitely not stock

·
Banned
52 Posts
Okay so I have an SCT X-Calibrator 2 which I purchased from Evolution Performance back in the day with a JLT Cold Air intake. Whenever I tune my car, it tells me I only have so many tunes remaining. What happens when I finally run out? I haven't taken my car in for the airbag recall yet because I do not want to burn through two tunes to get it fixed.
The SCT Power Flash VIN locks to a single vehicle. You cannot use the device to tune a new or different vehicle, until you have returned the original vehicle back to stock, which will unlock the device. You can only change vehicles 5 times before the unit is permantly locked. You can change tunes as many times on your car as you want. Just don't use it on someone else's car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tornthorn and smokinbones got it right, its the number of times it can be married, just mine seems to be unusually low of a number even though I have only ever used it on my car.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
tornthorn and smokinbones got it right, its the number of times it can be married, just mine seems to be unusually low of a number even though I have only ever used it on my car.
i think ive read on here that even if you hit the 5 lives, you can mail it to sct and they can unlock it for like 150.00. like was stated earlier, you can change tunes till your hearts content in your car. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.