Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got o/r x pipe and need to turn my rear o2 sensors off....will i be able to purchase sct x3 tuner and be able to get more hp and turn off the 02 sensors by myself? Do the tuners come preloaded with stuff or does it have to be purchased....I know very little about how they actually work once they are plugged in. Any advice would help me out alot :)

·
Registered
833 Posts
I think the canned tunes that come with the SCT3 have the option to turn O2s off. The custom tunes, Bama's anyway, already had them turned off but no selection to turn them back on again.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
I think the canned tunes that come with the SCT3 have the option to turn O2s off. The custom tunes, Bama's anyway, already had them turned off but no selection to turn them back on again.
That would be news to me but certainly a good thing if it's true.

·
Registered
152 Posts
By default, in the tune the rear o2's are "off"

You must ask the tuner to turn them "on" if they are not "on" you wont pass emissions if needed.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So if i bought a JLT CAI and the sct x3 from lets say americanmuscle.com how do I get the tunes for my mustang? Is it completely useless without getting a custom tune?

·
Registered
96 Posts
It will have preloaded SCT tunes on it. Not useless, but not as good as an e-mail tune. You'll still see an improvement, and will probably really like it. But it's no comparison to say, a Bama tune. Any one of the tuners out there can e-mail you tunes.

Then you just download some software from SCT, use it it load the tunes onto your X3.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My car did not pass emissions with custom tune. so a canned one will work fine then? my CAI required the custom tune. If I use a canned one, will I need to change what type of fuel I use and uninstall cai? I need to pass soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.