Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2006 GT Stage 1 ROUSH & bought a SCT X3 tuner & air intake but for some reason the car feels sluggish heavier gear changing has resistance in the stick

If I reflash it then car immediately feels lighter smoother gear changing & a lot faster over all, however after a short distance of maybe 15-20miles it seems to revert back to the same way it was before

I've contacted the place I bought tuner/filter from & they sent me a revised tuner (I've also updated the software) but nothings really changed which make me consider putting it back to total stock

·
Registered
35 Posts
If I reflash it then car immediately feels lighter smoother gear changing & a lot faster over all, however after a short distance of maybe 15-20miles it seems to revert back to the same way it was before
Hmmm. Sounds like your Butt Dyno is acting up!! Better get it checked out!! :heha:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Butt dyno? What do you mean .. I take it by your rofl smiley icon that this is sarcasm, when I was looking for a serious answer to a issue gee thanks -.-

Man what a waste of time this forum is as I have searched some more around the net & I keep coming back to the same thing saying it could be my ecu over writing the SCT tuner with its adaptive learning which I have been asured that it gets turned of when you use the SCT device

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Butt dyno? What do you mean .. I take it by your rofl smiley icon that this is sarcasm, when I was looking for a serious answer to a issue gee thanks -.-

Man what a waste of time this forum is as I have searched some more around the net & I keep coming back to the same thing saying it could be my ecu over writing the SCT tuner with its adaptive learning which I have been asured that it gets turned of when you use the SCT device
This forum is not a waste of time. It sounds as if the tune that you are loading with the sct tuner is the problem. The place you bought the tuner from, did they pre-load the tuner with a tune specific to your vehicle and modifications?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts