Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the SCT XCal II with tunes from Alternative auto - I am also aware that I can change parameters when I load the tunes into the car using the hand held programming device. However, the instructions that came with it only cover how to load the tunes and how to skip setting the individual parameters - I would like to know more details about just what I can hange with the hand held unit and if it changes the tune only as it is loaded into the car, or if it also changes the tune(s) that is stored on the XCal?

I have checked out SCT's Web site and they have plenty of software downloads but no detailed documentation on the device.

Does anyone know if there is a comprehensive manual from SCT that covers the details and lists the parameters.

Thanks in advance!! :wavey

·
Registered
160 Posts
I felt my car was idling higher than needed to so I lowered idle speed using the Xcal2. I could have also adjusted timing, fuel, gear, revs/mile, hi low fan, etc. Without a dyno may not be good to play with fuel or timing but should be safe to make other adjustments.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heh...idle speed is the exact item I want to change too - everything else is okay. :winks

So did yuo just hook it up and change that one item, or do you have to reload the tune and then change it during that processs.

Thanks much!! :worship

RPM said:
I felt my car was idling higher than needed to so I lowered idle speed using the Xcal2. I could have also adjusted timing, fuel, gear, revs/mile, hi low fan, etc. Without a dyno may not be good to play with fuel or timing but should be safe to make other adjustments.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Any change (idle speed, timing, whatever) requires a re-program/re-flash
Basically, you:
Connect to OBD2 port, and on the XCAL2, Select "Program". Select the Tune you want to use.
The next screen is where you hit select to make changes or hit cancel to just do the program with the settijngs in the unit. Hit select then scroll thru the options you want to adjust. When you are on idle speed hit select then arrow to adjust, thens Select again to accept...at the end you hit cancel to go out...note that the tune you have must allow changes for this to apply.
Then Start the re-program/re-flash

and getting back to your original question, the changes you make seem to be stored on the unit itself....since after changing timing, when I wanted to go back, they were still there in the unit.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is exactly the detailed answer I was looking for - thanks Sir Bobbo! :drink:

Bobbo said:
Any change (idle speed, timing, whatever) requires a re-program/re-flash
Basically, you:
Connect to OBD2 port, and on the XCAL2, Select "Program". Select the Tune you want to use.
The next screen is where you hit select to make changes or hit cancel to just do the program with the settijngs in the unit. Hit select then scroll thru the options you want to adjust. When you are on idle speed hit select then arrow to adjust, thens Select again to accept...at the end you hit cancel to go out...note that the tune you have must allow changes for this to apply.
Then Start the re-program/re-flash

and getting back to your original question, the changes you make seem to be stored on the unit itself....since after changing timing, when I wanted to go back, they were still there in the unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts