Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..... can it be good for everything? I don't buy it. Maybe one or two claims, but the label would have you believing you should pour it in everything, including your Cheerios in the morning.

So, where does it work, and where does it not, and could it cause any damage?

~HA

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
..... can it be good for everything? I don't buy it. Maybe one or two claims, but the label would have you believing you should pour it in everything, including your Cheerios in the morning.

So, where does it work, and where does it not, and could it cause any damage?

~HA

ROFL. Thanks for the laugh I needed.

I dont buy it either. I wont buy it.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
More for me then :) Generally when a product has been around for close to 70 years, it works.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Yeah, but still, 99% of the people dont use it, and I never heard of it until I had the Mustang. Thats 17 years of being in the auto repair business too. Cars will run fine without it.

Can you see im begging to be sold on it!
Maybe its all the youtube videos of the ricers fogging for mosquitoes.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Yeah, but still, 99% of the people dont use it, and I never heard of it until I had the Mustang. Thats 17 years of being in the auto repair business too. Cars will run fine without it.

Can you see im begging to be sold on it!
Maybe its all the youtube videos of the ricers fogging for mosquitoes.
It's always worked for me. Anything I can do to help keep the fuel system and intake clean, I'll do.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
I used in my car, pickup and wife's car. It also adds fiber to my Raisin Bran.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
More for me then :) Generally when a product has been around for close to 70 years, it works.
Just like Bon-Ami :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
626 Posts
I had some knocking a while back and used a bottle instead of STP or Techron. It did the trick for me. It's more of a maintenance thing to make sure everything is running as clean as possible.

·
Registered
917 Posts

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
More Seafoam :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I hadn't heard of Seafoam either until Mark had mentioned it awhile back, but I bought some and it's good stuff. We probably hadn't heard of it since it was originally developed for marine products and wasn't marketed as an automotive product. The marine industry probably has more of a use for it since the pleasure boat motors aren't run as much as a car motor and get more gunked up from fuel that's been sitting. Now I'm see it everywhere in the auto departments...I even saw it in Walmart.
It's a pretty aggressive engine/fuel system cleaner, that's for sure.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Do think that stuff would be too harsh on a 4 wheeler motor?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's a pretty aggressive engine/fuel system cleaner, that's for sure.
See, that's what makes me wonder right there. To pull off all the miracles the label claims, I would expect it to be a little too harsh to be used regularly...?

How often do you guys use it?

~HA

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
See, that's what makes me wonder right there. To pull off all the miracles the label claims, I would expect it to be a little too harsh to be used regularly...?

How often do you guys use it?

~HA
I add to the gas every 3-5k. I've never used it in the crankcase.

·
Registered
450 Posts
From Seafoam's MSDS page,

40-60% Pale Oil (a naptha based oil made from wax free oil stocks)
25-35% Naptha
10-20% IPA (isopropyl alcohol, rubbing alcohol with out the water content)

Looks pretty harmless for most applications. I've used Seafoam and Techron, both seemed to work OK for the small drivability issues that showed up at approx. 25K miles.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.