Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up some cams for cheap that are the SHM 2760's I have stock pi heads and stock 2000 pi block. Will I run unto PTV problems?? I already have the car down to the timing cover but Have heard that they will and will not work I need a for sure answer. Thanks here are the specs.

2760 Hot Street/Strip N/A Camshaft. Duration @ .050 242/232 Lift .550/.550 LSA 113. 3.27-4.10 gears, 2000+ stall converter, rough idle. RPM Range 2000-6500. Needs exhaust, intake.

·
Registered
187 Posts
They will fit fine with no PTV issues. Time them properly and use at least a .036 head gasket (compressed thickness)

New head bolts are MUST!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you for sure on this? BTW im not removing heads, just putting in the cams. Some guys on corral told me no way they will fit because of the big duration 242 on whatever side that is.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Are you for sure on this? BTW im not removing heads, just putting in the cams. Some guys on corral told me no way they will fit because of the big duration 242 on whatever side that is.
Yes Sir, I am positive. Something else I forgot to mention was valve springs, you should upgrade them with a set of Comp springs.

Sorry about the head bolts, I was thinking about something else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts