Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a NICE dvd player with all kinds of gadgets and such. Clueless when it comes to what will fit and what will not. Need some help?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Have you checked with Best Buy and Radio Shack? Circuit City if they're still in business. What about any auto specialty shops near you?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Go to a store locally and figure out what you want/need, then look on ebay for something that matches what you want.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also looking for a touch screen dvd player that'll fit the 02 series. Something very nice for around 300 to 400, maybe more.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
I have the Clarion, and it's nice. But to be honest, I've never watched a DVD in it. I use the Navigation all the time, but never the DVD.

One word of advice: When buying a headunit, you get what you pay for, especially something that has to try to do 2 jobs, play music and video. DVD for automobiles give up a lot of audio quality and features to shove a DVD player in there, and the budget ones are worse. I'm not especially happy with the sound quality from mine, because of the limited equalization features, but for the price ($550ish, I think) and the navigation, which I use constantly, I have to deal with it, I guess.

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
i bought a pioneer avic-d3 for my 04 gt a while back, we still have it, now in our 02 explorer... install is extremely easy, it plays DVDs and has dvd navigation, you can buy an ipod adaptor cable that works awesome... all in all, i'm extremely happy with it. i got it brand new at best buy a couple years ago for $900 so i'm sure you can find one cheaper on ebay now... as for dvd playback quality and audio quality, i think they're both fantastic... it has a built-in high-pass filter, so if you're gonna add a sub it's perfect... no i don't work for pioneer, i just really love it, and my wife does too. it is double-din, so if you have single-din you'll have to look for something else

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I don't know about $400 for a headunit that'll play DVD's well. My buddy went with a Clarion for some serious audio duty and it's not doing him so well. I got the Kenwood DNX6160 and I'm very satisfied with it. Garmin navigation, awesome video quality, super easy to install, responsive touch screen. I agree with Bullitt, you're going to get what you pay for.

BTW, you know you all like my "NO SMOKING" mod in the cigarette lighter :gringreen

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
here's a pic of the pioneer in the stang... sorry, i can't access the links here in bahrain...

the avic d3 has satellite radio capability, both sirius and xm, traffic capability, ipod compatibility, bluetooth capability... you can also do a google search for ways to bypass the parking brake sensor so you can have access to all the features at all times, pretty easy to do

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
imo i would stay away from the single din. the motors go out really fast esp. on uneven roads. there are also bypasses u can hook up on ebay for the dvd player to play while driving

·
Registered
129 Posts
I would get on sonicelectronix.com and get a double din. I bought mine from there and loved it. Costed me $100 less than Best Buy.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
That's a single din. Any of them that flip out would be a single din. You want one with the screen always visable, like the ones pictured above. They fit better, look better, last longer and work better than the flip outs.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Yeah, I used to be hooked on the single dins. But after seeing a few that get stuck and such, I quickly started looking at double dins.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Would the Avic D3 Fit my 00 Gt?
I would call the company you buy it from to double check, but if it is a standard double-din size then you should have no problems.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Are these units capable of setting backgrounds? i remember seeing a while back a member made really awesome factory looking background with a running horse emblem for the unit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.