Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from California,

I've got a 95 GT that I'd like to replace the front/rear seats on, but am uncertain which years have compatible brackets for easy-swap installation.

I've heard that I can use any seats from any 94-04 coupe (convertables apparently have the wrong rear seat?). Can anyone please confirm this is true before I pick up a new (i.e. salvaged) front/rear set?

Thanks!
John

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GTraptor,

Thanks for the confirmation.

Now, I just bought a set of seats from a '04 coupe, but I now see that the power connection for the new driver seat does not match the existing harness on my 95 (2-prong plug on the old, 4-prong on the new). Does this mean I need to move the seat track and power gears from my old seat to the new one? It doesn't seem to be compatible to do that (control pad is completely different, the gears do not seem to be easily transferred from one to the other, etc).

Am I missing something? Seems like when the say "fits in 94-04" models they are only referring to the seat tracks. That would be false advertising if they are selling "power" seats that only work in the newer models.

Thanks for any information....

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.