Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My youngest teenager broke the rear seat lever on my 'vert yesterday. I don't know how the hell he did it...but it's definitely a cheap plastic part. Does anyone know of any billit replacements? Hell, any sturdier replacement? He swears all he did was pull up on it, but it's never happened when I folded the seat forward. Anyway, if anyone has ANY info on replacements it would be godly to share!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I would take it to the dealer and tell them it broke when you pulled up on it. It should be covered under you 3/36 warranty. I had the cover for the lock on the trunk lid replaced because it came loose every time I closed the trunk lid. This happened after i removed the cover so I could do some work on the third brake light wiring. Never told the dealer I had removed it, just acted like it was broken on its own.

·
Registered
177 Posts
if your talking about the horiz one on the bottom seat part, then steeda has some nice billet ones. upr might also

·
Registered
51 Posts
Teen agers should be put in a barrel and bunged up til they reach the age of twenty! :happyhapp

Blackhawk-- what are the chrome tail light bezels and where did you get them?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rudi said:
Teen agers should be put in a barrel and bunged up til they reach the age of twenty! :happyhapp

Yeah, it figures the ONE night I let him out of the barrel he jacks up the car!! Back in the barrel he goes and now the barrel's going OUTSIDE!!

I was talking about the little one up top that you pull up on to put the seat back forward so you can let your midget friends into the back seat. It would look nice with a billit replacement.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Rudi said:

Blackhawk-- what are the chrome tail light bezels and where did you get them?
look in my gallery to see some pics. they're chrome bezels that trim around the tail lights. it's been quite a while since i bought them, so i don't remember who i got them from. there's several sites who sell them though. be sure to buy the ones that are all one piece. i heard the two piece ones are kind of sketchy. easy, sweet, cheap mod.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I used to tell my soldiers, "A sarge is a **** eating fish that swims on the bottom of the sea; do I look like I have fins?" It's Sergeant! Some, people...geez.

·
Registered
22 Posts
sandyman said:
I used to tell my soldiers, "A sarge is a **** eating fish that swims on the bottom of the sea; do I look like I have fins?" It's Sergeant! Some, people...geez.
LMAO funny ****

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Amazing what comes back to haunt you. :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
It's just that time of year :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Same damn thing happened to me the other day...I was not being rough either...so I believe his story...let him out of the barrel please :)

I am able to kinda use the broken plastic POS but reinstalling it upside down and flipping the lever very carefully....it's a real pain for me since picking up my my 2 year old each day I need that silly little lever workign otherwise I need to switch the carseat over...

If anyone finds a billet or sturdier replacemnt please post!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bobbo said:
Same damn thing happened to me the other day...I was not being rough either...so I believe his story...let him out of the barrel please :)

I am able to kinda use the broken plastic POS but reinstalling it upside down and flipping the lever very carefully....it's a real pain for me since picking up my my 2 year old each day I need that silly little lever workign otherwise I need to switch the carseat over...

If anyone finds a billet or sturdier replacemnt please post!
That is EXACTLY what I did!! Great minds think alike :) Flipped it over and it works okay if I'm careful. The piece is definitely a POS. Mine is cracked and you can see two stress lines on either side of the hole where it slides onto the seat lever.

Okay all you guys with a CNC machine...make us some billit replacements please!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Totally broke today :(

Anybody got an idea how much this plastic POS will cost at the Ford dealership? I still think a billit piece would be awesome here. Especially after the Katzkins Stang interior gets installed!!

·
Registered
2,479 Posts

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Our own blk281gt has developed a nice one of his own. Once fielded, I suspect a lot of us will be throwing business his way!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.