Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I noticed how bad it was today getting out of the car. There are a decent amount of little abrasions on the plastic part of the door where I go to grab the seatbelt and occasionally it hits the plastic. Is there some kind of cleaner that can fill in some of the small scratches or make it look less noticeable. I hate seeing scratches like that in my car period and knowing that i did some of it :so

I probably should have posted this in the show and shine. But i thought it might be specific to the design in the 2005+ mustangs. Especially since i have to reach pretty far back to get my belt and thus causing the inadvertant scratching.

·
Registered
541 Posts
do you use the little strap on the seat to keep the seatbelt slightly forward when not in use?

When I grab the clip from there, my hand is between the clip and the door so no way to scuff it.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
do you use the little strap on the seat to keep the seatbelt slightly forward when not in use?

When I grab the clip from there, my hand is between the clip and the door so no way to scuff it.
gad-zukes :) ive wondered what that strap was for. i been doing yago moves to grab the belt. my int panel is getting scrathed up from taking the belt off then it hits when i winds up. using that strap makes it way easy to grab :shiny:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm I just looked for this strap in my car and don't see it anywhere... You say it's on the seat itself?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh sweet. I was looking up above the seat by the headrest and around the window. Sweet I will start using that! Any ideas on how to get rid of the minor scratches?

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Oh sweet. I was looking up above the seat by the headrest and around the window. Sweet I will start using that! Any ideas on how to get rid of the minor scratches?
theres nothing you can do for scratches in the plastic. my car came with some on top of the door panel that bothers me, but not too horible, at least not worth the cost of new panels, big $$$$

·
Registered
539 Posts
I do not have that belt strap thingy. I have the interior upgrade package on the premium coupe. Hmmm :scratchchin

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
I do not have that belt strap thingy. I have the interior upgrade package on the premium coupe. Hmmm :scratchchin
not sure why :scratchchin the cloth seats in both our cars have( had) them,( 05-06) and the oem leather i put in does. not sure what year they came out of.

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
Mine always fall out of those things, the magnet isn't strong enough to hold very well. :so

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Mine always fall out of those things, the magnet isn't strong enough to hold very well. :so
hmmm, mine seems to be working very well for the last few days. and my g/f is using hers now too. when her mom goes passenger in her car she cant hardly reach to the belt, way better now. maybe your just too rough on the stuff :D ( go wings!!!!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.