Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one of the few things I don't like in my 2006 Mustang. The seatbelt sits way to far back behind the driver's seat and you really have to reach back to get to it.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
There is a strap on the side of you seat that one end is held on with a magnet. Thats used to keep the seatbelt closer to the seat for an easier reach. How well it works is another story.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
mine digs into my neck... uncomfortable as hell, anyone have any solutions to that? wish it had some adjustments...:sosad:

·
Registered
767 Posts
Yes, go to your local Ford dealer and the the fat guy seat belt extenders. They actually change the position of the shoulder harness and will keep it from digging in your neck. They are free of charge from the dealership. The Mustang uses part #4L5Z10611C22AAA

·
Registered
886 Posts
No kidding??!! Is it just an extender that plugs in between the buckle and socket? Cool!! I find myself wearing collar shirts more so I can tuck the strap under the collar and save my neck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Stoenr said:
There is a strap on the side of you seat that one end is held on with a magnet. Thats used to keep the seatbelt closer to the seat for an easier reach. How well it works is another story.
I've had my 06 for well over two weeks now. I started using the one on the driver's side. The magnet seems to be holding pretty good on mine -- at least for now...

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Just out of curiosity, are you guys tall or short? I am 6'2 and have no problems with them.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Seatbelt

I am 5'9 no problems, but its a little of a reach even with the magnetic catch. My last 6 new cars had a pillar adjustment I am surprised Ford doesn't have one. Probably to cut down on costs.

·
Registered
54 Posts
seatbelt? what's that? I haven't used one of them except for the ones that automatically engage when you shut the door. I thought thats why they made airbags(lol)

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
snogoldi said:
I am 5'9 no problems, but its a little of a reach even with the magnetic catch. My last 6 new cars had a pillar adjustment I am surprised Ford doesn't have one. Probably to cut down on costs.
i was thinking they dont have those because of side air bags?

And I wont even comment on Tims remark.

·
Registered
785 Posts
TIMS06STANG said:
seatbelt? what's that? I haven't used one of them except for the ones that automatically engage when you shut the door. I thought thats why they made airbags(lol)
And plastic surgeons too!! LOL!!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
TIMS06STANG said:
seatbelt? thats why they made airbags
and state laws governing the use of seatbelts for those of you who have little or no common sense to wear it on your own :sterb:

last moron i saw went through the windsheld and was impaled on one of those utility foot peg spikes you see jutting out of the side of the telephone pole his body slammed into. if he would have lived, he would probably tell you how much that hurt and to buckle up...:winks

hawgman: cool, i will call my dealer first thing tomorrow. neck burn be gone!:happyhapp

·
Registered
352 Posts
just put in a 4 point belt

Just put in a 4 point belt .. look nice.. too.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I'm 6'0 and it rubs just enough to be annoying.

Has anybody done harnesses yet? I'd love to see picks. I keep thinking some kind of brace bar would be needed, but I haven't seen a set done yet.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Seatbelt

I DONT KNOW, BUT WOULDNT THE SIDE AIRBAGS INFLATE FOWARD TO PROTECT THE DRIVER? THE SEATBELT ATTACHMENT ON THE PILLAR IS BEHIND THE SEAT.

Stoenr said:
i was thinking they dont have those because of side air bags?

And I wont even comment on Tims remark.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
No clue. I know they come out of the seat when activated tho, thats where I was thinking it may be an issue.

·
Registered
708 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.