Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JC Whitney has some CoverKing NeoTex seat covers that absolutely *exactly* match the 05 Screaming Yellow.:bouncer And they're cheep - only $40 a pair.:santa They are not neoprene, but look/feel like neoprene. I needed something to keep the Dk. Charcoal leather from scorching me - I leave the top down most of the time, and I got tired of riding a wadded-up towel, so I ordered these to try. Here's the link:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/showCustom-0/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2006907/c-10101/p-2006907/N-200728668+111+2005+600003346/tf-VehicleBrowse/Ns-p_MIN_PRICE|0/s-10101

I got the low-back buckets. They were a PITA to install, but that's just because I'm old and can't do contortions underneath Mustang seats, LOL.:doh: I will try to get pix tonight. (it was dark by the time I got them installed last nite.)

The only disadvantage I've found is that CoverKing doesn't make back seat covers to match.

Also - I'm unsure whether to leave the headrest covers on or not. They have the bright yellow centers and really make those funky-forward headrests show up.:shrug

FWIW, the Wet Okole's Solar Yellow is too dull, I decided against them. Maybe they'll get in a different yellow one of these days, but I don't want to "settle" for a color that doesn't look perfect, especially on about $500 worth of seatcovers (front & back). :(

·
Registered
273 Posts
i want to see pics. wheres the pics sunboss? lol

·
Registered
886 Posts
word of warning...

it doesn't mention them in your sig, but if you have the side seat airbags, seat covers are a BAD idea. Makes it a shrapnel filled ejection seat....

otherwise, I'd love to see pics. I considered ordering cloth seats and going with the okoles. I wanted something that was sweat resistant for post mountainbiking. I got the leather instead.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ultraclyde said:
it doesn't mention them in your sig, but if you have the side seat airbags, seat covers are a BAD idea. Makes it a shrapnel filled ejection seat....

otherwise, I'd love to see pics. I considered ordering cloth seats and going with the okoles. I wanted something that was sweat resistant for post mountainbiking. I got the leather instead.
I don't have the side air bags, but if I did, these seat covers have a velcro flap where the side airbags go. They pull apart very easily.

It is T minus 5 mins till I get off work, THEN I will definitely have pix :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pictures!!!

OK, here we go:
From front and back with the headrest covers, then from front and back without them. Which do you like? Then a closeup of the velcro airbag slot opened up.

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
SunBoss said:
OK, here we go:
From front and back with the headrest covers, then from front and back without them. Which do you like? Then a closeup of the velcro airbag slot opened up.
nice touch sunboss. i like em. thanks for the pics. i will have to look into getting some for mine now. but i like without the headrest covers. certainly adds to the interior and will save the leather.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts