Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking around at some long tubes since i cracked my stock headers. Anyone tell me about some good brand sets under $300 preferably I could purchase. I was looking at Flowtech but heard some bad things about em. All mods are listed in signature. Thanks for suggestions

·
Registered
1994 Black on Black Cobra
104 Posts
I hear mac full lengths are great. I had a few buds who have used them over bbk's, they tried bbk's and they leaked. The last time I checked they were reasonably priced also. The worst thing about full lengths is installing them, and they are not emissions legal.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have bbk longtubes and yes longtubes are emissions legal that's why they have O2 sensors in them.I've had MAC longtubes and Now have BBk longtubes and The BBK are much better in qaulity MAC has seperate flanges for each cylinder (which is weak and hard to line up) The BBK has a solid half inch Flange and are very easy to bolt on to the heads and DO NOT LEAK

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
I run the MAC long tubes and haven't had a problem out of them. I like the individual flanges, easier to line up the bolts to me. With a 1 piece, if one bolt is off they're all off. Anyway...

You won't find quality headers for less than $300, you'll probably get either MAC at $325-$330 or the BBK at $330 or so. Some headers can be upwards of $800.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I run the macs and can honestly say you'd be better off with short tubes. The long tubes are difficult to install, and alot of little things that you may not take into account like your starter getting heat soaked from the headers and your clutch cable taking a beating from the heat too, are little things you may not realize until after you install them. A mini starter and and new steering shaft without the rag joint are recommended but not necessary. You can riggle out the starter with the longtubes but it's a tight fit. Let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi,I have BBK L/T and haven't had any problems with leaks or alignment issues.If you take your time and don't rush you will have no probs installing them.A friend of mine has flowtech shorties and hates them.He is actually getting ready to buy a set of BBK L/T.Since you have everything else it should only take about 4-5 hours with some help from a friend.You will also need a short mid-pipe for those L/T

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I got talked into a set of BBK Full length long tubes. Now I had one question about them.. Since they're such little hassle to put on, how do they interfere with spark plugs. It almost looks like every time you do plugs youll have to drop headers

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi there,You do not have to drop the headers at all.I installed my L/T's then put the new plugs in afterwards.After you install everything and drive for a day or so check the header bolts,I found 2 missing so check them in a few days.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
With long tubes, you don't have a spark plug clearance problem.

·
Super Moderator
40,152 Posts
get a set of the locking header bolts,well worth the money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.