Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well so far my first step is truetrac t-loks, 4.10 gears (automatic), CAI, high flow dual exhaust, intake manifold, xcalibrator 3 chip. Where should i go from here? I was thinkin injectors, but a throttle body would be nice too. Any advice?

·
Registered
122 Posts
you can install a driver side ejection seat and install some wings so you can fly. oh and some heat seeking rocket projectiles would be badass

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Well so far my first step is truetrac t-loks, 4.10 gears (automatic), CAI, high flow dual exhaust, intake manifold, xcalibrator 3 chip. Where should i go from here? I was thinkin injectors, but a throttle body would be nice too. Any advice?
Throttle body is a waste of money w/o a power adder. How much are you wanting to spend? Since you went with 4.10's a supercharger or a turbo wouldn't be a good idea, so the next big step would be heads and cam swap. Curious where did you get your intake manifold from and did you do both the upper and lower?

·
Registered
818 Posts
I agree with Tex , ported heads and cam and intakes , then maybe the throttle body Accufab makes a sweet one for the V6 now .

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Stay away from the TB for right now, works better once you do some major mods. The injectors are fine for now but again when you start adding some real power then it will be a good idea to get larger injectors. How about an off road mid pipe? That will net you a decent gain.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Stay away from the TB for right now, works better once you do some major mods. The injectors are fine for now but again when you start adding some real power then it will be a good idea to get larger injectors. How about an off road mid pipe? That will net you a decent gain.

Bigger injectors add 0 HP on a stock engine , you only need bigger injectors when you increase the horse power and run out of the range of the stock or current injectors .

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Bigger injectors add 0 HP on a stock engine , you only need bigger injectors when you increase the horse power and run out of the range of the stock or current injectors .
That's what I was saying, I just forgot to type in "stock" injectors lol.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Super Six Motorsports stage 2 heads cam and intake FTW! and get the throttle opening matched to a BBK throttle body if your set on one!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
8 Posts
Underdrive pulley is next

I see u don't have an underdrive pulley yet.

I read everyone that has one likes it.

I'll be ordering a 25% (standard underdrive) from VMPtuning.com this week. They're $248 delivered and give 7hp/7tq and improve the entire powerband.

·
Registered
649 Posts

I'll be ordering a 25% (standard underdrive) from VMPtuning.com this week. They're $248 delivered and give 7hp/7tq and improve the entire powerband.
Good call rook!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
770 Posts
m112 adaptor with a whipple twin-screw supercharger on that V6.

P&P Heads, P&P Lower Intake, Stage 3 comp cam and a 4.2 Stroker.

Xena wants XEX!

·
Registered
770 Posts
If 4:10s are a no-no with a power-adder...

What's a good ratio?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
If 4:10s are a no-no with a power-adder...

What's a good ratio?
4.10's are a no-no with boost, N2O is a different story.
For which tranny? You can pull off 3.73's on an auto and personally I would stay with stock gears on a stick, but you can get 3.4?. <- I can't remember that ratio.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts

You are WAYYYY over paying for that pully.

·
Registered
8,348 Posts

Damn...... See? Nothing in your guys signatures. Can you guys starting to put them in ASAP? We can't help without that info.......

The Accufab throttle body is very sweet and much better than the BBK.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yo Tex117 - save me a buck!

Where can u find the crank 25% ud pulley, belt, additional ($5.00) bolt for easier installation and shipping for less than $248? Remember, its a 2001 model.

I'd love to get it cheaper.

Thanks!

·
Registered
770 Posts
4.10's are a no-no with boost, N2O is a different story.
For which tranny? You can pull off 3.73's on an auto and personally I would stay with stock gears on a stick, but you can get 3.4?. <- I can't remember that ratio.
I was thinkin' 3:73s. Since it's not SO light on the rpm. I figured, with all that boost (supercharged) the 4:10s are sure to cause some trouble...

but what if the 4R70W was built? (Jerry Mod) With a high-performance torque converter...2800-3200 stall?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.