Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was at my desk yesterday ( Im a sales manager for a ford dealer in laurel md) and in the lot comes a line of silver gt 7 in total...and im thinking what the heck??? and they get out and it is the secret service...they use these to train the drivers...while im talking to them they bring up the prblems they have...now..to think about how hard they drive these cars...they are all automatic...with no mods...issuses have been...overheating...they have removed the grills...they go thru a set of tires every 700 miles or so...brakes at 1000 miles.....what they are impressed with is the power and handling of these stock cars....they also told me if i like i can go over to the track and let me check it out..it is in beltsville md...i cant bring my gt but they will let me drive on thier track and a few free lessons....:hihi: so if you live in laurel md area and see a bunch of silver gt...btw ...they also have 10 mineral grey all auto...you might be looking at secret service drivers:gringreen :gringreen

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
So they are training people in performance and defensive driving and complaining about brakes, tires and overheating. Common sense anyone? I hear it doesn't cost anything in some states. I don't think the D.C area is one of them though.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Ford will probably repair all of them under warranty, only for the G-Men though. If it was one of us we would be up the creek without a paddle if ya know what I mean.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
I dunno, they replaced the tranny in my 04 even after it had a full exhaust, intake, plenum and tune. They did say that would be the last warranty repair on that car though.

N

·
0 Posts
so you put the secret services training location on the internet...as well as what their trainees will be driving around in....lol...taking the "secret" out of secret service...

·
Registered
287 Posts
nghtrnnr said:
so you put the secret services training location on the internet...as well as what their trainees will be driving around in....lol...taking the "secret" out of secret service...

I know that in the chicago area they are using black gt's as cop cars

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Lol nghtrnnr

Grabber Orange said:
I know that in the chicago area they are using black gt's as cop cars
Dang, I shoulda got a black one.

Mine was climbing in temp according to the guage on the 3.5 mile 21 turn road course I ran it on. Not sure if there is a fix, besides an all aluminum radiator, or maybe adding water wetter.

Ask them how the gas guage reads on the course, lol. Mine kept beeping with so many miles to empty.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Actually, the FBI trains near D.C. as well. My friend is a CTA for the FBI, and this summer was able to take a defensive/offensive driving course out there offered exclusively to the FBI. From what I hear, it was amaaaaazing! Its no wonder why they go through so many tires and brake pads...

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Well, my parents live in Severna Park and I once dated a girl in Laurel [home of the Preakness baby!] but what are the odds I will get back there with my GT? Now if there was a transcontinental highway with no speed limit, I once figured it would only take about 18 hours to get from Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, to Severna Park MD, in fifth gear, cruise control set at 140 and 4500RPM.

Fuel economy might suffer a tad :laugh:

Also I would need an onramp the size of Rhode Island.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts