Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question for anyone who's heard of or witnessed this condition (I just got my '06 on Saturday). When sitting parked at an incline (front of car facing up the incline, and this is a SLIGHT incline, no steep hill), I have witnessed a few times that I've gotten in the car and it will not start. It won't even crank. Foot on brake, clutch pedal completely depressed.

I've got the active alarm option on the car, and was wondering if that has anything to do with this. I checked with the dealership, and the explanation I got was that there is a certain "spot" where the clutch is rotated that will not allow the engine to start and when it is moved from that spot, the engine is then permitted to start. I reproduced the condition, and sure enough, once the car moved back some (maybe three to five) inches and I turned the key, it then started.

I'm curious why the vehicle has been "enabled" with this "condition" and if it's something I need to be concerned about. Anyone have experience with this same thing?

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
I've had my GT for almost a year, and never had that problem. I don't have an active alarm system, but your dealer's explanation sounds fishy. I would find that unaccepable. This is 2006, I souldn't have to push a car to get it to start.I would try another dealer.

·
Registered
829 Posts
hogwash...

A Ford designer is at least smarter than that too..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for at least giving me some comfort in knowing that I'm not really nuts and what they said was a little far fetched.

Any ideas what the problem could be? I'm keeping a running log right now, trying to identify any conditions that seem to precede the symptom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.