Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Well, I am finally installing my dream motor in my '67. It is a 92 302 block stroked to a 331 Stroker. It has the works, and I am excited to install her soon. I also decided to go from a 4 sp to a 5 sp. I obtained a 92 bellhousing and understood that I could use a cable for the clutch by Moderndrive line. After getting the goods, I found that the cable may conflict with most headers. I have Tri-Y headers. I have contacted Modern and they agree I have a conflict.

If I go back using the 4 sp bell, then there is no pivot on the 92 block (then I will need to add a pivot bracket to the late model motor). I could consider a pivot bracket, old bell, and add an adapter plate. OR I could go hydrolic (more $$), OR I could use my 4 sp fulcrum, add a fulcrum adapter to the late model bell, and add a pivot bracket for the Z bar ('92 block doesn't have a pivot connection)? I could also replace my headers and then fix my exhaust. Honestly, I ask why improve the motor and tranny only to go backwards on the mechanical? Money?

My question to you that have converted your newer model block with a T-5/Tremec what did you do? Did you have similar issues? Did you have headers as well? Any suggestions or thoughts are appreciated.

Please let me know.

Thank you!

Bill:im confused:

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Keep the 92 Bell and go Hydraulic. Once it is set and bled it is problem free. I have Tri Y with no problems
Mine was $220 dollars for all new parts. It was less than the cable systems I priced (except for the ones you make yourself).

There is a reason modern cars have gone hydraulic...

Here are pictures and parts list from my install:
Hydraulic clutch

Good Luck and Be SAFE
Ron

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ron,

Thank you for all the information. I like to think that I am creative, and this is not out of my realm. From looking at your project and others, it appears to be fairly easy to perform. I will look further into it.

Thank you again!

Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts